Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tears came to my eyes this morning....

WJM

Just kind of curious. What became of the remains of your Brat?

REgarding the dodge, this was a very high speed incident; 60 mph..

The dodge is pretty okay compared to my little beer can (forgive me, but it was);

~Pull the radiator fan out of the water pump and put a new front end and she was good to go. American muscle right there.

I'm not really looking for another subie; just a daily driver so i can get out of ma's taurus wagon (ewwww) I don't have time to restore another brat, i'm going to be leaving my house soon and dad's going to replace me with a chevelle restoration project. I have a car in minnesota, a '79 Malibu (V6- no bueno), but i don't really feel like a road trip up to the motherland for a rust bucket.

Found a $900 impala, i am thinking so. 350, baby... Oh no, this is not the place. Nevermind that.

A beer can saved me this time, next time odds are that a big american tank will save me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure, I haven't seen Laura on the board since probably March, and Caboobaroo used to talk to her on AIM and he says he hasn't heard from her since March or so as well. I sure hope she's okay. I've even drivin through Berthoud a couple of times on my way to Denver, but no sign of her or any of her soobs :-(

And there's nothing wrong with American tanks :D I have a convertible tank :-)

I'm not sure, I haven't seen Laura on the board since probably March, and Caboobaroo used to talk to her on AIM and he says he hasn't heard from her since March or so as well. I sure hope she's okay. I've even drivin through Berthoud a couple of times on my way to Denver, but no sign of her or any of her soobs :-(

And there's nothing wrong with American tanks :D I have a convertible tank :-)

hey i just sneeked into her public profile and saw that she was in last Thursday July 28. any way try PMing her or something.

First of all let me repeat what everyone else has said, Thank God that you are ok.

That must have been absolutely heartbreaking having to witness them cutting into your brat that you put so much work into. That really, really sucks and I am sorry that anyone had to go through that. On the other hand, your brat died a valiant death. It died so that you would not. All cars eventually come to the end of thier line, at least yours went out looking its best and doing the best thing it could in the situation; saving its owner. So many old subes die of rust and neglect in crushing yards at least yours was fully appreciated for what it was while it was alive.

I hope that your physical and emotional recovery is swift.

-Jack

I have talked to her through PM's just recently and everything is going good for her. She's been in training for the Air Force so she hasn't had a lot of time to get on the board. Hopefully I hear more from her since I will be down in Steamboat Springs, CO for the next couple months.

{snipped in a few spots}

I don't care.

I am so sad.

My brat..

Oh Lord, I miss her so much

I can't rebuild her, the engine tranny drivetrain is still bueno but the body work. oh my... She was so pretty...

for what its worth, a huge hug of "your alive and kicking" this is wonderful...albeit late...

A dear friend of mine in Denton had a similar event occur with his Brat and he was also lucky to walk away....

(bows head for a moment)

if your ever interested in resurrectionBrat2... that I might have a line on a gen1 that's been sitting at a friends place since 1996.... if your curious i ave a page dedicated to it on my geocities page.