Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to USMB.- Door lock busted

Hello all. Was just recently give an 86 GL. Haven't owned a Subaru before, but I've always wanted one. Fixed the exhaust, coolant leak, and valve cover leak, but the drivers side door doesn't lock. The previous owner said that it didn't work after someone slimjimmed it. The lock on the inside doesn't rock. I have taken the panel off on the inside, but nothing is jumping out at me. Can anyone help me with this problem? Or possibly refer me to a good source? Who makes the best repair manuals for these cars? Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: It looks like the rod that connects from the key to the latch is broken. There is a plastic piece at the top that is busted. search the junk yard? Anyhow. Now that I've kinda fiddled around with the latch the door doesn't want to open.

It looks like the rod that connects from the key to the latch is broken. There is a plastic piece at the top that is busted. search the junk yard? Anyhow. Now that I've kinda fiddled around with the latch the door doesn't want to open.

I recently had to replace a control rod for the inside lock on my left rear passenger door - it just broke one day - sometimes in cold weather when the metal is brittle, things like that just happen