Ultimate Subaru Message Board

will 14" rims fit loyale?

fgug

Hi, I am new here so thanks for any help you give me. I have 1991 Loyale 4x4 .. can I put the rims from a 91 legacy on this , or will it need a lift kit? do the lugs line up.. thought I would ask here, before I go out into the 6 dgree weather of Nw Ct.. thanks Fgug

Not a direct swap. Loyale is 4x140 and the legacy is 5x100(???) You can drill out a six hole rim or drill your hubs or get Pugs. There are lots of post on this, try the search function and you'll get tonnes of info. Welcome to the board, you have a hand full of good people on your side of the country. Later, Tim

Not a direct swap. Loyale is 4x140 and the legacy is 5x100(???) You can drill out a six hole rim or drill your hubs or get Pugs. There are lots of post on this, try the search function and you'll get tonnes of info. Welcome to the board, you have a hand full of good people on your side of the country. Later, Tim

Chef. thanks so much for the reply. I really want that extra height.. what shocks do you advise on that would create the lift I am looking for without a full fledged lift kit? Frank

The 4wd wagon shock/spring combo is the tallest available. Beyond that, you run the risk of dealing with camber issues.

I was able to use Peugoet 14s with 185/75/14s on them. Looked better and gave me a little extra ground clearance with no lift and norubbing/

Frank on your wheel question

to add to what Chef Tim has

told you

here are two links worth seeing

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/80s/wheels2/wheels.html

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/article.php?a=41

Thanks very much.. I will address the tranny issue first. What plugs do you all advise .?? NGK is what I hear to be the best.. thanks