Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where to start?

Hi!,

Im new to this forum, I hope this will grow like the classics forurms like brickboard.com (for volvo).!!!!!

Now, last week I buy a subaru GT coupe 1987 (this model is writen on the legal paper of this car), some friends saids this is a leone, but I try to find technical information of this car but I didnt find anything :(

How Can I determine the model, and the do I find technical information about this car?

Thanks by any advice!

Edwin

PS: I have black smoke on full throtle, any advice to start looking?

Welcome!

My UK brochures show that the GT was a model designation within the Leone series. It was the "sport" model. had disc brakes on all 4 wheels, rear adjustable headrests (sedan), etc.... almost everything the GL models had, but couple of interior things. the GT series had the air dams and spoiler kits it seems....

and most importantly, it was MPFI whereas all the other models were still carbed...

it should have the overhead cam EA82 engine.

I have black smoke on full throtle, any advice to start looking?

Um... that makes me think a very dirty exhaust getting cleaned out - or bad MAF sensor/bad O2 sensor - check for trouble codes, they are explained somewhere in this website - don't know how different they are for int'l cars