Ultimate Subaru Message Board

keeping mud off engine

dragonwingsubaru

what do you guys do to at least keep the amount of mud down a little that gets on the motor. it seems every time i go out mudding my motor is just chunky with mud. i still haev the stock skid plate, and those stock little little things on each side as well but they dont seem to do much good.

so what setups if any do you guys have

ok, i was figuring it running a little hot was because of the motor pretty much being insulated from all that mud, i was having some running hot issues last night so i sprayed the hell outta the motor and rad, still seems to be runnign hot this morning siting right below the red. think i really need to pull out that ac rad, it seems like it holds in too much mud in it

never really thought of it that way snowman, havent really owned many 4wd that i go mudding with so im new in a way to the whole more serious mudding thing

hey northguy, #2 just isnt gonna happen !!!!!!!lol

figured out what my cooling problem was yesterday, i had taken the ac radiator thing off yesterday and found that even after i had sprayed the crap outta it it was still completely clogged with mud, it was also packed in between it and the radiator, and the rad was completelt packed with it. left the ac rad off and sprayed the rad down real well and now it runs like an iceberg, decided to leave my grill out for now since it makes cleaning the rad so much easier. to help keep it cool if it starts to run hotter i had wired the electric fan up to a toggle switch, so i got that and the stock engine controlled fan