Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Should I buy this brat?

Anyone have any insight on this ebay brat?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6467&item=4544107590&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I really want a brat, and they're hard to come by in this area...those of you brat guys, or just somebody who knows a bit more about the structural makeup of these. Does this damage look repairable?

Any of you guys in the cities, or souther mn want to take a look at it for me? Kurt, you're down that direction aren't you?

If your not to far from Kenyon, Mn, go look it over good, get under and realy check it out. If the underside is rusted out, let it go. But if the subframe and floors are good. Then decide weather you want to put the time and money into it to make it nice again.

Anyone have any insight on this ebay brat?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6467&item=4544107590&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I really want a brat, and they're hard to come by in this area...those of you brat guys, or just somebody who knows a bit more about the structural makeup of these. Does this damage look repairable?

Any of you guys in the cities, or souther mn want to take a look at it for me? Kurt, you're down that direction aren't you?

Chux, what are you wanting to do with the brat? an off-roader? restore job?

I have a 87 with the same wheels as the eBay one, that I haven't decided what to do with it yet... it's only got 59k on it....

Chux, what are you wanting to do with the brat? an off-roader? restore job?

I have a 87 with the same wheels as the eBay one, that I haven't decided what to do with it yet... it's only got 59k on it....

Geezzzz is there a strait piece of metal on that 87?

Morgan, I am focused, I've got wheels, lift is on the way, exhaust, some extra parts, tow strap. the only things left are tires and bumpers.

Anyway, I'm not very close, but it isn't far from my parents house (where most of my friends live, and some of them have trailers), so sending someone to pick it up would be easy. but I don't have a way to look at it before the auction ends. He says the grill, headlights, fender, and hood would need to be replaced, and the rust isn't very bad, very fixable. but that his scanner made the pictures come out crooked, I asked him for more, and we'll see.

as for my budget, right now it's limited...to say the least. With the money set aside to finish my wagon, I'm left with only a few hundred bucks, for now. though when the pay period here at the school is over I should be getting a hefty check from some of the extra work I've done for the orchestras.

I probably won't buy it, but I haven't seen any for sale in this area, almost at all, except that rust-bucket morgan found a while back. I'll get some more info, and see if any of my friend are down in that area in the next few days.

That few hundred you mention left over will quickly get sucked up by silly little things that come as you install all those parts you have or have on the way.

Stay on the path Wagon Lover! :drunk:

Think you'll have it up and running for the Crawl 4 The Cure event? I'll be there for sure, Archemitis said he'll come, we should have more Subarus up there on JUL 4th! Even if you dont want to raise the $250 charity donation through pledges the park is still open to the public ;)

you should buy my brat ;) when I am finished, it will be all rust free!! (the tailgate has a spot of rust, but its getting refinished, with an NOS tailgate trim piece too!

so it will be all original 87 brat!!

also has a "new" reman hitachi carb, with all intact factory emissions for the computer feedback carb...

and i could deliver ;)