Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks to WJM and Big Mountain Tire in Whitefish

My '95 Legacy wagon now thinks it's an Outback. I grabbed the 'One Day Sale' '96 Outback struts and got them installed yesterday. My wagon now sits about three inches higher and rides much firmer. Onliest prob is my wife is mad at me now.

She wanted her '00 Leg lifted first.

OK, OK, sheesh, you guyz are SOOO pushy! But, you're gonna have to work for it, I've never figgered out how to direct link photos. Go here.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=585

Struts only, still has Legacy springs. NOT a 'dumb question' (I hope), 'cause I asked WJM the same thing when I bought them.

So the legacy and the outback run the same springs? Or would you sit a bit higher if you ran outback springs as well? Hopefully not another "dumb question".

I dunno. When I bought them from WJM he said I could use the same springs ... so I did. Mind you, I'm not after 'lift', just a little more air space under the car for snow and the occassional Forest Service road 'speed bump' (if you look at my exhaust pipe in the "Taller Rear" pic, you'll see what I mean).

• 11 months later...
My wife would have wanted to keep that car if she saw it now!!!!!!!

MT - How is the ol' bluebaru? You still have it? She treat you well?

Cory

Hi Cory, I sold Bluebaru to a Deaf friend of my wife. Her car had been totalled, and she really needed a reliable car she could trust. She loves it. I had to do a full brake job on it before I sold it, but it was, and still is a great little car.

It was just too much like The Pretty One's '00 Legacy. We missed the ground clearance on forest summer roads in summer. A couple of trail head roads are just too rough, and I was always scraping something or catching the overhangs.

Replaced it with a Sidekick 'vert, currently named "The Barbie Jeep".

Hi Cory, I sold Bluebaru to a Deaf friend of my wife. Her car had been totalled, and she really needed a reliable car she could trust. She loves it. I had to do a full brake job on it before I sold it, but it was, and still is a great little car.

It was just too much like The Pretty One's '00 Legacy. We missed the ground clearance on forest summer roads in summer. A couple of trail head roads are just too rough, and I was always scraping something or catching the overhangs.

Replaced it with a Sidekick 'vert, currently named "The Barbie Jeep".

Thanks for the update, hope all is well with you. Some day I'll get another subaru and get back to being a regular usmb poster.

Cory