Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Buying an engine from CCR

My son bought a EA81 from them for his Brat about 7 years ago; still running strong. CCR is a first class operation in all respects.

I was just wondering if anyone has bought an engine from CCR? I am thinking of buying an EA-82 for my 93 Loyale and was just wondering how high of quality their engines are. Any input would be appreciated.

I was just wondering if anyone has bought an engine from CCR? I am thinking of buying an EA-82 for my 93 Loyale and was just wondering how high of quality their engines are. Any input would be appreciated.
I bought an EA82T short block from them, no problems yet, that was almost two years ago.

I purchased a EA 81 from CC&R three years ago. I installed it in a 1971 VW Adventurwagon. We have made 2 trips to Iowa from CA and next month we are going to the Grand Tetons.

CC&R sells a quality product.

Bob

I've bought two, an EA82T and a custom EA81. The only problem I've had is a collapsed lifter on the EA81. I called, Rick helped (read, walked) me through how to figure it out then popped a couple of lifters in the mail. I was hoping they would be here this weekend so I could do it. So, what I'm saying is not just great motors but there is great service behind them too. Tim

CCR has a very good reputation on this board. So much so that maybe "CCR" should be added as one of the searchable 3-letter words/terms.

Thats quite the testimonial. :) A great idea too, im going to do that.