Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Have anyone heard of this??(fuel )

Does it superheat the fuel before it is introduced into the cylinder?

I shouldn't think it actually superheats it as such, as the thing is attached to the injector. I think it just pre heats it so it is closer to vaporisation point.

I don't buy it. Whenever gas prices go out everyone seems to come out with some new device that almost always saves 15-20%. I've yet to see any of these things actually work. My gas mileage ranges from 24-32 mpg on my OBS and from 22-28 on my GL wagon; these are over 20% changes. Sometimes when I drive I'm thinking about my gas mileage, sometimes I'm thinking I need to get where I'm going, sometimes I sit in the car with the heat/AC running all of these things have an effect on my gas mileage. If any of these devices worked the car companies would be installing them on the car and then advertising the fact that their car gets 20% better mileage then X comparable car. If any crazy thing you put in your gas worked the gas companies would put it in their gas and advertise the fact that their gas got you further with the same amount. That’s what’s great about capitalism. I know everyone has their conspiracy theories that the car companies make their cars get poor gas mileage because they are in with the oil companies but I just can't believe that. I could be wrong and this could end up being on every car made in five years but it seems to be it would have been thought of by the engineers who have been designing engines first.

If any of these devices worked the car companies would be installing them on the car and then advertising the fact that their car gets 20% better mileage then X comparable car.

yeah i agree, plus just look at that guy, he looks like your typical sleaze-ball entrepreneur who's invented something "life-changing" ... like that tornado thing you slap in your air intake thats supposed to up your milage. I'll stick with stock gas milage, we drive subes after all...:D