Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Luckys first road trip..on her own power!!!!

Well..today my GLF got to take her first drive on her own power. I put the fan back in her and ran her for a good half hour before I talked myself into driving her up the street to put some fresh gas in her. She is so much fun to drive!! Everything seemed to work fine..tranny was alittle tweeked but I think once she gets out more it should shift better. Put $15.00 of gas in her and drove her home..she was running SMOOTH...smooth acceleration,smoot idle..I think her whole smoking issue was bad gas cause now she isnt smoking anymore. Her whole trip...2 blocks round trip. But she no longer has 32,715 miles:( ..she has 32,716!!

Ok OK ..I love this car..she rocks:headbang:

Is she good enough to be your daily driver yet?

Soon I think Turbone...still needs new gaskets on the Y pipe (exhaust manifold gaskets) and some new belts and I want to replace a couple hoses. She has a bad tick on the one side of the motor that I believe is just a valve that needs adjusted (one of the things on my list for when Miles Fox comes this way). But after running her for a good hour and taking her up the street for a spin and around my parking lot a couple hundred times...I think she should be ready very soon to hit the highway for a short test trip.

I can't wait..she felt so good..nice and tight..

And the guy at the gas station was drooling over her.

Thanks guys..I am starting to become very happy with her.She is such a beautiful car. A couple more weeks and I believe she will be ready..I hope..I cant wait to show her off...every weekend we have a car show right around the corner from me and I want to take her down.Especially when all the kids have thier WRXs there.