Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has anyone been else been to the new teape subaru in Arlington, TX. OMG it sucks!! First i went to parts to get a filter for my wrx, those people SUCK! They are so stuck up and condescending AND they dont even know ************ about the cars! None of them knew anything about Subaru @ all. I think the manager said he was from toyota! Knowing as little as they do and being as new as they are you'd think they'd treat you nicely there. The on dude helping me was such an rump roast! I personally will ONLY be going to SOD! After parts, I went to go look @ the 05 wrx's. The salesman helping me was such a *********************!(some old guy) He didnt know anything about the car @ all!!. It was like watching that "mustang GTR with a rotary" video. He was telling me all kinds of wrong info and BSing. I cant believe someone would open a subaru store and hire people that dont know anything. Even if this guy didnt know he shouldnt have totally BSed me. Also there was some sticker on the window saying these cars had enviromental protection that cost another $800! they sales guy said it was because subaru has low quality paint.. BS!!!! AGAIN SOD ALL THE WAY

Has anyone been else been to the new teape subaru in Arlington, TX. OMG it sucks!! First i went to parts to get a filter for my wrx, those people SUCK! They are so stuck up and condescending AND they dont even know ************ about the cars! None of them knew anything about Subaru @ all. I think the manager said he was from toyota! Knowing as little as they do and being as new as they are you'd think they'd treat you nicely there. The on dude helping me was such an rump roast! I personally will ONLY be going to SOD! After parts, I went to go look @ the 05 wrx's. The salesman helping me was such a *********************!(some old guy) He didnt know anything about the car @ all!!. It was like watching that "mustang GTR with a rotary" video. He was telling me all kinds of wrong info and BSing. I cant believe someone would open a subaru store and hire people that dont know anything. Even if this guy didnt know he shouldnt have totally BSed me. Also there was some sticker on the window saying these cars had enviromental protection that cost another $800! they sales guy said it was because subaru has low quality paint.. BS!!!! AGAIN SOD ALL THE WAY

Try calling them and asking for Ryan. make an appointment with him and give them one more chance. There are definitely 2 'cultures' going on there. You hooked up with the wrong one. Ryan is more like one of us (check out his STi tatoo!)

Carl

Give them some time to come to the light side.

They have all come from horrable backgrounds and they just need to get past that point in their lives.

They'll come around.

Look at all the great cars they have to sell...Trebeca :rolleyes:

Ok...give them a little more time there is still the STi :brow:

Wow, I was in there about 2 weeks ago and I had a great experience with a sales lady. She REALLY knew the product. I think she said she had a baja. thats what you need to do, only talk to sales people that own the cars they are selling, how can they really tell you about it if they dont experience it??

I thought they were opening in Hurst? Guess that was wrong information.

As for rude and unknowledgeble people, that will lose them customers F A S T!

The franchse owner/manager better get on the stick with that. There simply is NO excuse for that kind of behavior at the parts counter. I tire of young "know it all, but know nothing kids".

Growing up in a family owned Subaru dealership, I can tell you that this kind of behavior would result in suspension or termination! There are too many NICE people willing to be behind that counter! OH.... "parts people" can become "parts professionals", if they learn from their customers!

Oh...Subarus paint quality is FAR superior to many others. Hondas are very susceptable to acid rain for example. I have a 78 with good original paint STILL!

There...my 2 cents!

Todd

Apparently they bought the old Arlington Subaru, but have had a building under construction in Hurst(http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28457&highlight=teape) had not been by to see how close they were to opening in a couple months, will go check out.

I hope they turn out to be decent as the Hurst location will be very close to me.

Apparently they bought the old Arlington Subaru, but have had a building under construction in Hurst(http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28457&highlight=teape) had not been by to see how close they were to opening in a couple months, will go check out.

I hope they turn out to be decent as the Hurst location will be very close to me.

WEll, the building on I20 in Arlington is open - my dealer WAS Arlington Auto Mall - so, since I'm gonna likely buy another Soob PLUS I'd like to have a nearby dealership for my wife's OBW - I've been in the Arl. teape a coupla times. Evidently, there will be at least 2 Teape Subaru dealerships in Tarrant county when the Hurst location opens. Unless the Arl. location is temporary! Dang, I just thought of that!

Carl

I just bought my new 2006 Forester from Teape and Ryan is cool. Luciano was very relaxed and non-pushy too. I think the whole experience was good for me and my wife. This is only our third car-buying experience (2 have been Subies). I would imagine most of their staff is from non-Subie backgrounds and they need time to learn, but Ryan new what he was doing.

I just bought my new 2006 Forester from Teape and Ryan is cool. Luciano was very relaxed and non-pushy too. I think the whole experience was good for me and my wife. This is only our third car-buying experience (2 have been Subies). I would imagine most of their staff is from non-Subie backgrounds and they need time to learn, but Ryan new what he was doing.

Yeah, Ryan is the man!

What color is your Forester? I'll watch for you!

Carl

Was out running errands and just got back, went by the building in Hurst(just north of HWY 10 on NE loop 820). Definatly still under construction, prolly at least 20-30 people working on exterior, landscaping, A/C etc. Sign still says "Opening Soon, Teape Subaru", no date listed. My guess is building at least a month away from being ready.

Was out running errands and just got back, went by the building in Hurst(just north of HWY 10 on NE loop 820). Definatly still under construction, prolly at least 20-30 people working on exterior, landscaping, A/C etc. Sign still says "Opening Soon, Teape Subaru", no date listed. My guess is building at least a month away from being ready.

I did a TAD search, Vandergriff is still the owner of the building Teape is in now. I wonder if Arlington is just temporary digs?

Carl

• 1 month later...
Sorry to reply so late... I bought the Platinum Silver Metallic (Gray). The Premium package is the way to go. But, you'l be seeing my wife driving it mostly since she's wanted a Forester for like 3 years now. :^)

I'll bet she's gonna enjoy it. I know my wife sometimes misses her van, moreso when the family is over cause we could haul 6-7 people. But every 2-3 weeks she mentions how she's had some comment from someone or a long conversation about the OBW - so I think she appreciates it as well. The van had her sitting higher off the ground and she misses that - but it was a beast to park - horrible turning radius.

Ryan emails me with info, updates 5-6 times a week! He really takes care of his customers - I just wish they'd get my car in soon!

Latest info indicates that Hurst and Arlington are both planning on staying open, and I guess Ryan is staying in Arlington - he was initially scheduled tomove to Hurst but things change I suppose.

Carl

WEll, the building on I20 in Arlington is open - my dealer WAS Arlington Auto Mall - so, since I'm gonna likely buy another Soob PLUS I'd like to have a nearby dealership for my wife's OBW - I've been in the Arl. teape a coupla times. Evidently, there will be at least 2 Teape Subaru dealerships in Tarrant county when the Hurst location opens. Unless the Arl. location is temporary! Dang, I just thought of that!

Carl

I can tell you the Arlington location is here to stay!!! And the Old guy that said Subarus had bad paint, has gone there!:D

Drove by the Hurst location this am. Lot full of cars and "Now Open" sign prominantly displayed. Didn't stop in maybe they will have grand opening with free hot dogs, cokes, and WRX's.....

Ryan (my sales guy) said they were getting a pant-load of cars soon. They've received a coupla truckloads since they opened - plus having some stock left over from the AutoMall.

Hope my car is on the next delivery!

Carl