Ultimate Subaru Message Board

82 brat 79,000 miles (brand new)

little old lady in town has a 82 brat her husband had but he past away. 79,000 miles, never been restored, NO RUST !!! its goldish pink, wierd color, what is this thing worth? i see some for around 4000.00 is it worth in the 5,000 range? i might buy it. this car is seriosuly show room brand new

it's worth whatever someone will pay for it. old vehicles like this can command a good price but the demand is also very small so you wouldn't expect a quick sell like you would with other makes/models of more mainstream popularity. it's all about timing really. if the right buyer is in the market they would pay alot for it, but few people will do that for older model soobs.

I'd have a hard time paying $5k for an old Brat.

I'm not sure you'd ever recoupe your investment if you look at it as an investment.

If your looking for a driver, your $5k might be spent better elsewhere.

If your looking for a toy, it still would be a little pricey for what your getting.

I'd be inclined to agree with 75subie, $2-2.5 would be something that would make it interesting to me.

Lettice know what you do,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Isn't the '82 that odd year that was kinda all alone in production? It would be nice to see a Brat that hasn't been cobbled and compromised.

Just the unmolested condition is worth it... to the right person, but I have to agree, they are few and far between.

I talk to old car buffs/collectors all the time and when I mention my 2 old Brats they smile and say, "No kidding? I haven't seen one in years!"

It isn't a mainstream collectible car, but they are appreciated for the fact that they weren't expected to last like a Cadillac, Porsche etc. ... they were only toss-away toys.

Seems everyone has at least one fond memory of riding in a Brat as a child. They do bring smiles.

the market has been up and down...

a while back there was a '82 red brat on eBay, with only 75k on it. showroom like condition. it went for $6200.

I've also seen some rust free ones with

just depends on who's looking. that color would be the Aztec Gold as seen here for 1982. I think it was theonly year that color was offered on a Brat

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/brats/bratcolors/bratclrs.html