Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So this beast was given to me... what to do?

That car is worth alot more than 500 Dollars IMO. I hate to say it, but I would keep it. If nothing else, save it for later and keep the rust away. That is classic car and would be a great gift for a niece or daughter. Anyone living in Montana or Wyoming would benefit from that beastly beaut. I dont know what the problem is with you current engine, but if it is posssible to put in the EA82 or even an EA82 Turbo then you would have plenty of power. My EA82 Turbo rips, I mean rips. I can go up Mountain Passes no problem. If you were in Wyoming I would sell you an EA82 for 100 Dollars. Just hang on to it and periodically snoop around for an engine. Once you get that done get some buddys to help you put it in or trade some computer knowledge to a gear head for help. Then give it to someone you love. I do think it is a girls car though.

It is a girls car. My dad took two non-working Subaru's and put this beast together for my little sister's first car. She chose the paint design. ;) If I got this running, my wife would drive it. (I'd keep my truck, thanks)

• 9 months later...