Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T Injector Impedance? High or Low?

my my my .. sounds like someone is doing the covert megasquirt conversion...

i could suggest you just run the injectors to the megasquirt

and the cut the main lead to the resistor block and wire it to a relay that gets tripped from the + side of the coil wiring since its a switched + ....

but then again what would i know.. :)

Actually, i'm trying to determine if the DSM injectors I have fitted (which are high impedance) can be driven by the stock system without damage.

I will not be upgrading to Megasquirt yet... but I have an SAFC to help tune for the larger injectors.

measure the ohms across the terminals of the old injectors and the resistance of the dsm units

then measure the resistance of the old resistors with the dropping resistor in line

compare the 2 and see if you can run them with the resistor block or with out

Ok... So I measured the resistance. 2.5-2.7 ohms on the stock ones... 11.4-11.8 on the DSM's.

This was out of car. I guess I will be running the stockers to begin with. Please outline how to test with the "resistor block"... would this upp the OHM's of the factory injectors... thus meaning if I removed it and the stock injectors and ran with the DSM's it would be fine?

disconnect the plug at the resistor block

it should be the center pin thats the main power feed to the resistor block

one probe of the ohm meter on the main power wire and the other from one of the resistor output wires

actually now that i think about it look in a chiltons book or something like that

it has the test measurments for the resistor block

technically as far as i know if the combined resistance of your old injectors + the resistor block = to or pretty close to the dsm injectors.. then the dsm's should work minus the resistor block

Ok... are the injectors Peak and Hold? Or Saturated?

Peak and Hold is supposed to be High Impedance

Saturated is supposed to be Low Impedance

They are Peak and Hold 2.5s. Here is an old data sheet I posted up of my RX turbo injectors being cleaned at RC Engineering.

mini-rxfuel-injector.jpg

On another unrelated note, you said you have (or will be using) an SAFC. I've asked a question many times to folks who have used the SAFC on older Subarus but never got a reply. My questions are:

1) What is your Sensor Number set at on your SAFC?,

2) What is your Sensor Calc set at on your SAFC?

Please answer those if you can so I won't be frustrated for another year. :) Thanks!