Ultimate Subaru Message Board

We just purchased a new car, a '91 Subaru Legacy AWD. We purchased it for $700 at a car auction we frequent, it has no rust anywhere, is also has a CD Player and ice cold AC. This Legacy has a manual transmission.

This car is also great because I have been looking at a Subaru Justy on ebay for $1400.00, with part-time 4WD, but this is even better since it is full-time and in much better condition. If still running strong once I have my license, this will be my daily-driver.

This Legacy has records from San Fransicso, which is odd since we live across the country. Which may explain the lack of rust.

I will have pictures soon, I just decided to post now. I will have a pic of it next to the 360 soon! ^_^

It appears to be very good mechanically, and everything works.

It has 124,916 miles as of getting back home.

Offtopic:

There is a very nice Justy on ebay right now. It is in Maine, and very close to where I live.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4569573849&fromMakeTrack=true

I know the reserve of this if anybody is interested.

Pics!

2005_0826Cruisenight0081.jpg

2005_0826Cruisenight0082.jpg

2005_0826Cruisenight0080.jpg

2005_0826Cruisenight0079.jpg

2005_0826Cruisenight0078.jpg

2005_0826Cruisenight0077.jpg

2005_0826Cruisenight0076.jpg

2005_0826Cruisenight0075.jpg

2005_0826Cruisenight0074.jpg

2005_0826Cruisenight0073.jpg

We are cleaning it up right now, also getting new hubcaps and my fahter is a carpet cleaner, so we did all the upholstery, the dog hair and the mark on the arm rests are gone. wink2.gif

That is not a 91. That is a 92. Nice buy! You should have many happy miles with it. My own 92 is still running great after 170K, and is still able to hit and hold 120MPH. I do not recomend that until you have a lot more experience than you would at 14. . .

Manual transmission makes this an easy car to work on as well, and you could easily take it over 300K. Good investment, stable car, really easy to drive, and you like the radio. . . :brow:

Congratulations all around on this great buy.

Great score, Bubs. If she's as good mechanically as she appears to be cosmetically you got yourselves a fine vehicle. And I happen to believe the early 2.2s are the best engines Subaru ever made.

Nice pictures too!

Take good care of her. Aloha.

I applaud you for your maturity, diligence and smarts in getting such a nice car. Talk about advance planning! Most highschoolers are busy wanting a mustang or a similar sports car for themselves and get themselves in a ton of debt early just to impress their friends. A car like this can easily last you through college and beyond...freeing up cash to pay for college without a ton of loans and/or credit card debt.

That's a nice car!:slobber:

• 5 years later...

Just remember to change the brake rotors right away when you feel any vibration during braking. it saves everything from wearing out... it really does! Brake rotors are dirt cheap now and sooooo easy to repolace.

The whole car will last longer if you keep this is mind.

Plus, if you get a chance, it's wise to go to a upullit wrecking yard and grab the things that will go bad.

ie; alternator

starter

maf sensor

cam and crank sensor

map sensor

an injector or two

keep this kind of stuff in your trunk and you will never be caught high and dry