Ultimate Subaru Message Board

D/FW this weekend

errm, this saturday.

Okami is going to the Dallas Junkyards, I ask if i could go and he said sure... I'm gonna get a rear disk set for the Brat.

Hey Calebz, you wanna go on saturday? We might even get a chance to se TiminTexas (the newbie to the board as well)

(i oops and missed touching base with him this weekend)

anyone else lurking wanna do this?

I can be found easily... you know what to do.

Hmm.. sounds like it could be fun.. went to some Ft Worth wrecking yards last weekend.. there was a "all you can carry for $25" at dismantlers 2000.. absolutely, bar none, the worst wrecking yard I have ever seen.

The ad said "we specialize in late model domestics and imports"

went there looking for some parts for my camry

apparently their definition of late model domestics and imports is 6 acres of late 80s/early 90s tauruses(tauri?) and Thunderchickens.. with a little space about 3000 square feet for a couple of saabs and one completely stripped legacy

I'm gonna get a rear disk set for the Brat.

You have a brat?.. and you didn't tell me?:rolleyes:

email me your number, I lost it.. again

Steve,

Depending on when the wife and I go to the State Fair, I may be able to join in the hunt. I'll know more the closer I get to the weekend. I sent a PM earlier to you with a "probably not this weekend" reply BUT that may change. Have you ever been to I-35 Foreign in Alvarado? It is south of FW on I-35. They used to have quite a few 80's Subs. Also a place called Apache Foreign on Mansfield Highway in Kennedale (I think) had a fair number as well.

Well... If todd and tim can make it, I'm definitely in.. if they can't, well.. I'm probably still in:D

I have to admit, there isn't much I need from the yard, I was in need of a dist, egr solenoid and a heater ballast resistor pack, but I unpacked some of my stuff in the garage this weekend and found all three of those things.. Lucky me!

But there's always the possiblility of finding a good deal on a D/R or something equally cool

Shall we determine a meeting time/place?

Imagine.. all 5 north texas subaru owners all in one place. What a spectacle that would be

If you head West, out of Fort Worth towards Euless, on Jacksborrow(sp) Hwy, off of 820, you'll find a yard. Don't recall how far out it was, would be on the southside of the road. Decent watering hole right next to it too. Not saying they have Subes, but it's worth a look. My Baby Sister lives right next door to this yard, I could ask her about it and other yards, and let you guys know. I was in that yard, but was needing Dodge Daytona stuff at the time, and didn't own a 'Ru then. Been about 4 years since I was there, memory is starting to fade on me......

......tomorrow. My loved one (aka wife) wants to go to some food something or another and I forgot to ask her if Saturday or Sunday was her desired day to go. So, I will nail that down tomorrow. She's cutting zz's already and I forgot to ask her about it brfore she hit the sack. I know we have to be at some friends house at 7:00 PM Sat. night, so I gotta be back at the house by 5-ish.

As for a possible meeting place - what part of the area would we attack first? Probably want to meet near the heaviest concentration of yards (if there is such a thing). Being the "newbie", I only know about Apache in Mansfield, I-35 foreign south of FW on I-35 in Alvarado and the Pick and Pull on Loop 12/Spur 408 in Cockrell Hill near the intersection with Jefferson.

Hmmm.........we live in Denton, Euless, Dallas, Ft. Worth and ?? for Okami. How about meeting at the Cracker Barrel on I-20 and Bowen in Arlington? From there, Apache would be close and then down I-35W South to I-35 Foreign?

Gee I hope I get to go!

Tim

I was told there are a whole buttload of yards in the general area of loop 12, but I have never been down there.

I know my bio says dallas, but I'm actually in mckinney.. bour 25 miles north of dallas.. I just put dallas down because no one knows where mckinney is... hmm.. maybe I will change that

Okami is in Denton

I30 and loop 12.....there is an McDonalds on the west side of loop 12 on Jefferson. That might be a good meeting place!

I might be able to meet you guys. I should give somebody my cell # and then if you are already in the yards, I could catch up with you. (It all depends how late I have to work).

I know there used to be a yard called BIG STATE on Jefferson. They are closed now, but all the cars are still in there! They had a ton of old Subi stuff 70s and 80s.

Awesome salvage usually has some 80s, Daryls may have some 80s. Pick and Pull....well one never knows! Als pick and pull (2nd ave/Dallas) usually has 80s.

Todd

Well.. I'm going to let you guys pick the place.. I am clueless about that area.. I will probably hook up with mike and steve up here and follow them down.

Todd.. I know you sent me your phone numbers.. but.. well.. I lost them.. actually, I lost all the emails I got that week due to computer problems.. long story

....of luck. My loved one wants to go to a Home and Garden show in Ft. Worth Saturday. Let me know if you see any top strut mounts that will work on an 83 GL. If we go early and get back early enough, I may try to catch up, but that may be a stretch! I really wanted to go. Wahhh!:mad:

Actually oddcomp.. I believe there is one lonely 9000 turbo at a crappy yard in ft worth.. I know its a 9k.. know its a turbo( I helped someone pull the turbo off of it last weekend).. not sure if its a 5 spd though.. see my post a few responses up about it being the worst wrecking yard I have ever been to.. However, I believe they charge a flat rate for motors and trannys regardless of what they are from.. something like $50 for trannys

Ok.... I tried to return a call, but no answer. I should have went with you all. I would have stayed out of trouble!

I got in trouble though. I went to my favorite yard and they had just got a 78 2WD wagon in. Original TX vehicle, NICE condition and they still have the title. The engine threw a rod, but no biggie, I have 3 extra engines. It's automatic!! I have wanted an automatic 70s for some time! The trans seems good! 130 K.

I bought it!! More work!

Anybody know ANYTHING about a 70s automatic????

Todd