Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bird bomb/ cleaning recommendations

I bird decided to use my 05' as it's bathroom, and I can't seem to get the last little bit of the stuff off of the paint. What is the strongest recommended cleaner I should use?

What about also using a plastic scouring pad that is made for dishes?

Thanks all!

I would try some dish washing liquid on a terrycloth towel. If that doesn't work you might try using a soft toothbrush using light strokes and the soap.

I had this kind on problem with a new Sooby once. It ate into the paint and the dealer repainted the hood for me.

Windex.

Needless to say, always clean it off as quickly as possible, but having a good coat of wax will buy you some time against etching.

Also if it's baked-on, wet a small square of paper towel with windex and place it over the splotch till it's easily removeable. Keep wetting the towel square with the sprayer as neccesary.

I'm pretty good at this on account of the vehicle behind my shop being parked under utility wires. It's practically a laboratory for the study of the local bird diet. :eek: