Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just curious if anyone has done this?

I was considering the option of the ej22t into a brat or a hatch.Is the motor too strong for the 5sp d/r if I went that route?I am just entertaining the thought with my brothers car.Thinking more of a rally type car with that.Thanks.

relatively common swap. check the retroffiting forum for more info, search around, there's lots of info here.

relatively common swap. check the retroffiting forum for more info, search around, there's lots of info here.

He's refering to the turbo model. Tougher swap from what I gather; all the EJ22T engines I've seen were hydrolic clutch. Clearance for exhuast manifold + upipe + turbo on that passanger side of the engine bay and at the main crossmember might be an issue.

Will the drive train hold upto it? I think that really depends on how hard you beat on it :)

Yea I'd say it'll hold up... well, I'd put a 5 speed D/R in there if you were gonna go through the hassle of a bigger motor. With 180 hp, that 4 speed is gonna have some weird rump roast gear spacing. The 5 speeds seem to be a lil tuffer to me. Less problems with loosing gears

He's refering to the turbo model. Tougher swap from what I gather; all the EJ22T engines I've seen were hydrolic clutch. Clearance for exhuast manifold + upipe + turbo on that passanger side of the engine bay and at the main crossmember might be an issue.

Will the drive train hold upto it? I think that really depends on how hard you beat on it :)

ah yes...I see that now....

essentially same motor, but have to find room for the turbo too...