Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just want to drop a line and say hey. I am a new (well used) subaru owner. I got a '97 2.5 GT from a local subaru dealer for $2500. 160k one owner. Running great so far have put about 1500 miles on it this month. Looking forward to keeping the Jeep away awhile while we all get raped on the gas prices. A few things annoying me are the power antenna (a common problem so i understand) and the muffler is rattling under the car. It is not loose but at idle at lights it is rather annoying. Nothing turning up the radio wont fix. Ill post some pics and such when i get a chance. Looking forward to exchanging some info also with everyone. I am also (jeep5.9litre)s brother. He bought the limited, i just bought what was going to the auction.:brow:

i went under the car and also listened in the trunk at idle. that is why i think it is the muffler rattling against the floor. i have to investigate further when i get some time. the power antenna is grinding like amofo. it seems to move ever so slightly, but i do think that something inside is moving. when you first turn the radio on, if it is on a channel that you know will come in....it is staticy....but after it sounds like the antenna goes up (whatever is inside) the channel comes in crystal clear. yet another item i have yet to have the time to investigate...thanks for the replies.

I had a sticky power antennae on the 99 OBW... I used 3in1 (sewing machine) oil. I had to pull & push (gently) the antennae to fully lubricate, then, in the up position, wipe off all the excess with a rag... works fine most of the time now, occasionally have to wipe off accumulated dirt.

I think it's normal to only get clear reception when the antennae is fully extended. You may also need to check the selection on the radio, local, stereo, mono whatever....................

Later,

Peter