Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• 1 month later...
Sorry, don´t see your answers... when i can i will put some photo of the interior, yes, don´t have the cup holder in spain in this models... i need one... :rolleyes:

It's better not to have one than to have the one in the US models. It is junk, and you'll end up buying a few replacment radios.

Why is this such a common problem? My 97 OBW has this exact same thing plus the hazard light too. It seems that it's so concentrated, and so common...bad grounds or a short somewhere? I think I'm going to order the parts and give this a try. Seems simple and low risk.

Reid

Why is this such a common problem? My 97 OBW has this exact same thing plus the hazard light too. It seems that it's so concentrated, and so common...bad grounds or a short somewhere? I think I'm going to order the parts and give this a try. Seems simple and low risk.

Reid

Why? Who knows. One of those Subaru quirks. Someone missed somewhere on the specification of these bulbs it would seem.

You can also try this link. Lots of info.

I put the RadioShack bulbs in the last time. They've gone over 3 years. The OEM bulbs (twice replaced) lasted half of that for me.

Commuter

OK, what is the part # for the RS bulbs, please. . .

Looks like I an going to need to refit my switches. . . the backlight keeps failing. I pull the switch loose, wiggle it a bit and it goes back on for a while. . .Grrrrr. I hate loose connections. Oh, and the reason the 95 and up climate control lights fail is that the green covers hold in the heat so the bulb gets hotter and burns out faster. . .

OK, what is the part # for the RS bulbs, please. . .

7219. There is another "part no." on the pkg... some 6 digit no. I believe. I think you will find it in that lengthy "Climate Control Backlight" thread, if needed. They are 12V bulbs, 60 mA. I'm sure the friendly sales people can help you.

Commuter