Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need to know

Yeah, the dl has 4 headlights and its not quite as luxurious as the Gl

the Gl-10 was the turbo, and was like the fancy pancy pancy car.

They are pretty much the same car, just little differences. As for what to look for, don't be alarmed if there is some oil leakage, its something us subaru people are used to and deal with. But dont get me wrong, if there is a puddle that looks to be like your going to be leaking a quart of oil like every 500 miles, then i would be a little bit leery.

Around here, ones with around 200k sell for $800 to $1500 -- more for the newer ones, with less rust. As cheap as $300 if they need some serious work. I picked up my '89 GL for $500 with a burned up rear wheel bearing, 189k miles, and everything else really nice condition --all the maintenance records back to 40k. I considered it a steal at that price and would have paid $800 even with the bad wheel bearing. I've seen them as high as $3,000, for a Loyale with only 50k miles and no rust. SPFI is better that carbed IMO, but oddly I haven't really seen the pricing reflect that. No noticeable difference between DL and GL pricing either -- although it seems that all of them I've seen are GL or the Loyales.

Well guys I bit the bullet am now the proud owner of a 89 DL wagon/rust.Now for the important ?'s.The check engine light stayed on the whole trip home (130 miles) is this something that needs to be fixed or don't worry about it.Also the car seems to have a low howl to it running down the road could it be rear end is dry or on that order or tranny maybe.Next I tried the 4x4 a little better when i got home seems to shift in ok but bangs kinda hard coming out and going in reverse seems a little noisey.Anyhow it's at a friends house who's gonna do the work for me and just looking for some answers as he's never even seen under the hood of one of these beasts.P.S. could use a pr of front fenders for it.Thanks Steve and I only paid $300.00 for this gem.

gl-10 was like the top of the line model.lazy boy interior, all power options and a/c standard.i think they also had better awd options or standard equipment, again basically the same.also turbos were all gl-10 i believe.

You coudl get a non-turbo GL-10 although they are not very common, and my Turbo wagon is NOT a GL-10, it's a GL. The Turbo option was available on the GL... Actually you could order a GL with all the GL-10 options, I saw one once that had everything the GL-10 had -- air susp, AM/FM cassette, turbo, digidash, sunroof, etc.. BUT it didn't have the GL-10 interior...

Now the fun begins.Will parts from a Gl wagon with and automatic trans work for me.I need splined rotor hub also will the axel shafts be the same as mine is a 5sp trans.I ask as I know where a car is sitting and would buy it for parts if these parts inter change thanks Steve

here in israel the common price is arrund 35000 nis

in $ it is 7600$-5000$

Israel i think has the record of subaru runing since it had no japenise competition.

until 88 i think that the only japenis car was the subaru.

i love my dl loyale 4wd that drove president rabin when ii was new.

Now the fun begins.Will parts from a Gl wagon with and automatic trans work for me.I need splined rotor hub also will the axel shafts be the same as mine is a 5sp trans.I ask as I know where a car is sitting and would buy it for parts if these parts inter change thanks Steve

As long as it is an "ea82" gl wagon the stuff will be interchangable..