Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any Ideas besides replacement?????

how about duct tape? they make different colors of duct tape!!!!

On my '82 with leprosy I would (and did all the time). Also old galvanized commercial ductwork sections pulled out of the dumpster, attached with roofing screws.

But this is a new car. If you have a wirefeed welder, I'd weld a small sheet metal plate over it, then bondo over it to smooth the whole thing out. If not, fill the hole with great stuff spray foam, use a sharp knife to shape back to how to want it, then fiberglass over the top. Make sure you primer any exposed metal inside before adding bondo on the outside, or it could rust from the inside out.

See if you can pop out the dent in the top above the hole before patching the hole too.

agree with replacement. it's not that expensive or hard to replace a fender. keep your eye out for one of the same color. post in the market place forum on this website that you need a fender, you might get lucky. i shipped one via Greyhound once and it was like 30 bucks. ebay maybe as well, but there are usually primered or new fenders on there so you'd have to paint it.

how about just leave it? that's what i'd probably do. wire brush and paint/primer the metal so it doesn't rust and be done with it. but i don't care what mine look like so i'm a bit of a freak.

i do like the Great Stuff (find it at home depot or lowes) idea, that's great!

i've seen outback fenders for under 50 bucks before new. course they are primered and need paint though. spray paint it with paint from walmart. a friend did that to his whole car and it looks awesome. (sounds crazy i know, i told him not to do it but i posted pictures they are crazy).