Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hats off to USMB members!

I want to thank Blownbimer and TurboXT (Eric and Rick) for their Loyalty to the Subaru. They drove all the way up from Denver to swap me an auto tranny for my kids T-Coupe. It was to my benefit that they did this, TurboXT already had a tranny for his swap project and Blownbimer drove out of his way with TurboXT just because I couldn't meet up with him in Loveland. Thanks to both of you.

USMB Members are some of the best in the world.They seem to bend over backwards to help other members out...I know I have my group of members that I can't thank enough and that I will do anything in my power to return all thier favors ( Moosens,Matt and Michelle,Jessie,Melis and Dave,Turbone and others)

Everyone should be so honered to belong to a group of people as good as this.

I can't imagine restoring my '78 Brat without the help of the members of this board. Parts, parts and more parts... the moral support and the knowledge held in this board is unsurpassed!

No service manual could even compare with having an experienced member on the phone... live... walking you through a diagnosis or repair procedure.

I thank you all for your efforts in keeping this Brat as healthy as it is...

oh, oh... hang onto your hats... the '86 is next!

Your sure welcome! Was worth the drive! On the way back Rick and I hit loveland auto salvage, scored me a spyder. I turned around and there was the 16v vee dub i've been dying to find! got some of what I needed off of it, but didnt have the allen wrench I needed :banghead: so.... needless to say...I think im comming down with the flu and am going to be sick tomarow :grin: . Think we were lucky...Timing belt on the civic is making noise now...uh...maybe after 283k its time to replace it?

Glad we could help!

Thanks for the hat and mug too BTW!

Bill, I had fun going up there, and basicly all I did was keep Erik awake, destroy gas mileage, and help lift the heavy stuff! LOL Oh, and pull his spider intake too.

A special thanks goes out to everyone here, but I would like to thank these people for helping me out when they didn't really have to!.........

ShawnW (Thanks for all your help, axles, seats, and thanks for the forum as well!!!!)

Kingbobdole (And Phil, for getting me further into Subarus then I ever thought possible, rescuing me when my sub breaks down, and smacking me when I do something stupid....)

Luvmybrat (Thanks again for the hat and coffee cup, btw... And keep on subin')

Jerry Demoss (Jerry Rocks! That's all I can say)

Gravity Man (to help me out with my crazy ideas)

Eyesore (I owe you 50 cents, and my hearing!!!!)

And, of course blownbimmer! (Whom was the key to the tranny switch, and lets me know when his brain hurts) LOL

I am sure I am forgetting a bunch of people, but my brain is still choked and running rich this morning. he he

Thanks again guys! God Save USMB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

hey seahag, I finally pulled those seats out of brat and have located boxes to ship them dismanteled, still want them?

I do! In fact, I sent a message to you last night via email... we finally got the body work done and will shoot it again wth primer tomorrow, then paint! Whoohoo! This will be one hot Brat!

I'll give my props to Turbone here for letting me bug him at home late tonight to pick up an alt, even though later I found out it wouldn't fit. Great guy. :)

Sorry you had to come so far for nothing :-\ It was so dark out, you couldnt see my "collection".

Bill's a good guy, had a few deals with him and has always come thru :drunk:

Sorry you had to come so far for nothing :-\ It was so dark out, you couldnt see my "collection".

Well, not completely for nothing... I tried to see if I could adapt the existing bracket to the alt you gave me and found out thre things: the main plug has THREE connectors, not two... the spacing between the mounting hole and the adjustment hole on the alt you gave me is actually a little wider than it is on the XT alt... and finally, the pulley, when that alt is in its mounted position, is slightly off, causing flex/wobble in the belt (no good)...

so definitively, I can say that alternator is NOT for an XT, it probably isn't even for a Subaru PERIOD...

Want it back? hehe