Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am back and my....

Hey Ya`ll

I am back a year in iraq and some nasty stuff. I am finally back home... Endless to stay I come home from Iraq and my car isnt working. It runs... sounds great. But the probably is the it wouldnt pass the stupid emissions test. I reconnect the O2 sensor adjusted the idle. and it still wont pass. any one got any ideas?

Let me know thank you

John

Sounds familiar. When I came back from Iraq, my son had driven my soob into the ground. On the good side, after Iraq, life's other problems have a different perspective. I drive down the freeway and someone complains about traffic, my response is, "No IEDs and no one shooting at me. I like traffic."

Welcome back.

Welcome back. Sorry about the car, but your best bet is to take it to my favorite emissions guru next to the 6th Ave. South emissions testing place in South Seattle (just south of Spokane St.). $40 plus tax if he can adjust it to pass; no charge if it doesn't pass. Plus if it needs a part he can tell you what it needs and then bring it back to him for "tweaking." You can't go wrong! PM me with a 'phone number if you need more information.

Hey John,

WELCOME HOME!!!:)

It is always good to hear that another soldier has made it home safely. Thank You for all you and your platoon have done over there. The words Thank You just can't express my greatfulness for every sacrifice that you guys make on the Alter of Freedom. May GOD Bless You my friend.

I'm not sure if you are refering to the '91 Loyale or the '89 GL. Whichever car it is, either the cat on it is shot, or it may have a dirty fuel injector. Best thing to do is a small tune up(change air filter, fuel filter, plugs, and possibly the catalytic converter). In that way, you can eliminate these from being the problem. You may also want to run a bottle of fuel injector cleaner through the system as well. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Patrick