Ultimate Subaru Message Board

engine has a bog at low RPMs

Now that the Loyale is running much better I thought I would clear up some of the little things that are going on. The bog is just when I pull out of the driveway at low speed. Ya have to mash the throttle to get the car moving. After a few moments when the RPMs build the bog goes away. What do you all think? TPS? Little bugger won't throw a code. Thanks, Mark

yeah mine does the same thing.... i unplugged the TPS and had no effect on the drive or bogg.... i am thinking it is totaly dead .... i did learn that it is a bugger to remove the TPS ... i ended up pulling the throttle body off just to pull the sensor... i took it apart to try and clean the inside, it didn't have any effect.

anyone have a used TPS that works??? for cheep??

dan

Is this bog literally when you pull our of your driveway on startup? I have noticed with my SPFI that it has a momentary off-idle bog every morning, occurring within 1 minute of startup and pretty much first time I take it off idle (as in pullin out of my driveway into traffic). It goes completely flat for 1-2 seconds, then comes alive and behaves itself until the next start after sitting for a long time.

no.... it is basicly really sluggish and no power at anything below 2600 rpm... i can't complain i got the car for $200 out of pocket... i pretty much shift it like a manual to keep the rpm's up.

it is a 92 loyal 4wd about 118,000 miles on it... it also has the low oil pressure after warm up issue, once it is hot the oil pressure at idle is maybe 10psi... next oil change i'll switch to castrol 20w50...

thanks

dan

no.... it is basicly really sluggish and no power at anything below 2600 rpm... i can't complain i got the car for $200 out of pocket... i pretty much shift it like a manual to keep the rpm's up.

it is a 92 loyal 4wd about 118,000 miles on it... it also has the low oil pressure after warm up issue, once it is hot the oil pressure at idle is maybe 10psi... next oil change i'll switch to castrol 20w50...

thanks

dan

Is this bog literally when you pull our of your driveway on startup? I have noticed with my SPFI that it has a momentary off-idle bog every morning, occurring within 1 minute of startup and pretty much first time I take it off idle (as in pullin out of my driveway into traffic). It goes completely flat for 1-2 seconds, then comes alive and behaves itself until the next start after sitting for a long time.

Exactlly how mine is. Maybe a longer warm up time would be in order? Just had the car tuned, but I will have the timing checked again.