Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hows My Brat Coming?

good to here hows that motor running for ya??????

little eye candy for you guys

This is about all the snow it will see after all the hard work. southern cali steel .you can literally eat off the undercarrage,cant seem to find it in me to run it down the salty roads or off road it like I originally planned on.

little eye candy for you guys

This is about all the snow it will see after all the hard work. southern cali steel .you can literally eat off the undercarrage,cant seem to find it in me to run it down the salty roads or off road it like I originally planned on.

That is beautiful!!!

Very nice engine, but what the heck are you doing to the roof? convertable brat?:confused::eek::slobber::mad::headbang: (mixed feelings)

no,it was original a hard top,I made it a tee-top roof like most are anyway. Trust me you would never guess it was a hard top if you saw it in person.came out real nice.

motor runs strong ben,weber is a bit of a pain to make happy with temp changes in our region. only put 500 miles on it and then took it off the road for the winter.will run the hell out of it this year and get it dialed in 100%

lookin good Shawn!

i know what you mean about rust free brats. i have 3 now, 2 of which are rust free, 1 VERY rusty from NY. i now know of about 3 sitting in the area as well, and one that runs around still. i spoke to the owner of that one on a few occasions. i`d really like to see yours in real life, we'll have to have a brat meet sometime.

more pics!:burnout:

Nice looking brat!I love the engine even more!:slobber:

Just curious what jets(mains) and air correctors you are running in your 38dgas?I have the same carb mounted to my ported ea82 intake(destined to go on my ea81) so that is why I am asking.Any tips on hooking that one up as opposed to the standard 32/36 dgev?

Nice looking brat!I love the engine even more!:slobber:

Just curious what jets(mains) and air correctors you are running in your 38dgas?I have the same carb mounted to my ported ea82 intake(destined to go on my ea81) so that is why I am asking.Any tips on hooking that one up as opposed to the standard 32/36 dgev?

Right now I have 55 idle and 160 main jets. dont remember what air corrector is in there. kind of fought with a hesitation coming off the off idle circuit and entering the main circuit. got that just about perfect before I put it into hibranation in december. Im sure I will tweak it a few more times before Im satisfied. atleast its easy to work on and make jet changes.only takes a couple minutes.

I dont have any experiece with the 32/36 dgev. ram performance reccomended using the 38. Give ron a call at ram hes wil be glad to answer any questions,very nice guy.