Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Clarion RDB245D am/fm/cd manual? How do I set the time?!

I've got a Clarion RDB245D in a '98 Impreza. Is this a stock unit?

I can't find a manual for this thing anywhere. I can't even find a place to email Clarion Support to ask them about it.

Not that it's all that complex. But I can't figure out how to set the time. If it wasn't for all the replacement parts available for the unit I would think it never existed. Seems like some rare OEM version or something.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Thanks!

yes, the Clarion stereo in the 98 Impreza is stock, my 90 Legacy had one as well (before it wore out and got replaced with a panasonic version of the same stock stereo) ... to set the time I think what you have to do is hold down either the display button ("DISP") and at the same time press the "H" and "M" buttons, if i remember correctly. It's either the "clock" button or the "DISP" button and you cycle through hours and minutes while holding this button down.

silly me, I thought it would be a hell of a lot easier to just ask somebody that already knew in a forum of knowledgable people...

seems a hell of a lot easier than hunting down a physical copy of the manual... and can I get one for free?

wouldnt it be a hell of a lot easier to get a owners manual for the car?

it has a DISP button (also preset #4) but it doesn't have any H or M buttons... I swear I've tried every combo of buttons but I can't get the time to change...

there is no clock button... the only way to see the time is to turn the stereo off...

yes, the Clarion stereo in the 98 Impreza is stock, my 90 Legacy had one as well (before it wore out and got replaced with a panasonic version of the same stock stereo) ... to set the time I think what you have to do is hold down either the display button ("DISP") and at the same time press the "H" and "M" buttons, if i remember correctly. It's either the "clock" button or the "DISP" button and you cycle through hours and minutes while holding this button down.

If all else fails, wait until a few minutes before noon or midnight, disconnect the battery to the car and reconnect it at exactly 12:00. If the clock restarts at another hour do the procedure just before that time. Write down all your radio station settings because they'll go away too if you try this method.

I think.... you hold down the DISP button when its showing the time and use the tune up and down buttons to move the time. Thats how the tape deck in my GL was (which was taken from a 98 OBS)

tried it... tried everything... seriously, it's not a complex unit, it's super simple, and I've tried everything... I feel like the idiot that's staring at his vcr blinking 12:00 in amazement...

If all else fails, wait until a few minutes before noon or midnight, disconnect the battery to the car and reconnect it at exactly 12:00. If the clock restarts at another hour do the procedure just before that time. Write down all your radio station settings because they'll go away too if you try this method.

you all laugh but this is going to be my ultimate resolution... it resets itself to 1:00... so I figure maybe at 12:45 saturday afternoon I could go clean up the battery contacts or something and finish up right at 1:00... hehe...

I've got a manual from Subaru in the mail and hopefully it includes a manual for the radio...

if I ever figure this out you can bet I'll be posting extensive simple instructions...

tried it... tried everything... seriously, it's not a complex unit, it's super simple, and I've tried everything... I feel like the idiot that's staring at his vcr blinking 12:00 in amazement...

you all laugh but this is going to be my ultimate resolution... it resets itself to 1:00... so I figure maybe at 12:45 saturday afternoon I could go clean up the battery contacts or something and finish up right at 1:00... hehe...

I've got a manual from Subaru in the mail and hopefully it includes a manual for the radio...

if I ever figure this out you can bet I'll be posting extensive simple instructions...

and you thought everybody here was dumb. ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I got the owners manual sent to me from Subaru and there's still no instructions for this stereo...

anybody know how to set the time on this thing?

wouldnt it be a hell of a lot easier to get a owners manual for the car?

Have you tried Flowmastered87GL's advice:

"I think.... you hold down the DISP button when its showing the time and use the tune up and down buttons to move the time. Thats how the tape deck in my GL was (which was taken from a 98 OBS)"

This is how the controller on my OEM Clarion 6-disc changer works. Single disc player should be the same.

Good luck.