Ultimate Subaru Message Board

clicking problem-any ideas?SOLVED!THANKS

Hey thanks for the tips. Maybe this is battery related... never had a prob before the battery was removed and reconnected. I found out that if you take the fuse out that goes to the door locks the clicking stops. Now my question is- does anyone know if there is a was to 'reset' this or maybe I'll just have to bring it in to a dealer? new fuse did nothing.

I've got a clicking noise from either the steering column or fuse panel-has a flasher type sound, happened just after R and R on engine. (doesnt matter if the key is in or out!) has anyone had this problem?

-this is for a 97 legacy outback-

Did this car ever have a factory alarm in it?

nipper

I would look up under the dash on the left. Sorry no more info on what it looks like because my car does not have it. It sounds like the vestigal alarm battery disconnect probem. If you have a dealer or Subie place nearby they might be able to help, otherwise do a search on this board since I think I have seen it here a couple of times.

It's your factory remote door lock system.

Under the dashboard, middle of the driver's side, there should a be a bunch of wires with one kinda separate with a small black button on it. Insert the key in to ignition, turn it to ON position and press the button. That will reset the factory system.

If you can't find the button, on the left of the footwell, toward top left there is a small (5x5) black box should be mounted on the "wall". There are two thick wires with wide jacks running to it. If you don't use your factory door lock system, pull those two wires and the clicking will stop.