Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Drip Drip Drip

Anyone Know what I can do To Fix the Moonroof Leak... When ever I come to a stop and its raining I get DRIP DRIP DRIP... Or were I can Find a new Seal for the moon roof??

I'm tired of this drip drip drip... How about pulling the roof off on a dry day and putting down some epoxy in there?

With a sunroof/moonroof, there is usually an outer seal, kind of a gutter all the way around, then an inner seal. To get to the drip, drip, drip stage, you gotta leak past the outer seal and fill up the gutter before the inner seal will start to leak. Before you start gooping any of the seals, check the gutter. There should be a drain hole to empty the gutter (clever, huh?). The drain hole leads to a tube running down from the roof and probably out thru the floor. The hole or the drain tube is probably plugged, and if you don't unplug it, all you will be able to do is slow down the drip.

With a sunroof/moonroof, there is usually an outer seal, kind of a gutter all the way around, then an inner seal. To get to the drip, drip, drip stage, you gotta leak past the outer seal and fill up the gutter before the inner seal will start to leak. Before you start gooping any of the seals, check the gutter. There should be a drain hole to empty the gutter (clever, huh?). The drain hole leads to a tube running down from the roof and probably out thru the floor. The hole or the drain tube is probably plugged, and if you don't unplug it, all you will be able to do is slow down the drip.

That right there proves that I learn something COMPLETELY new everytime I look on this forum. I just thought a moonroof was just seals around the glass, who-da-thunk-it?

If you can on a dry day pull the seal off and run a good thick bead of the rtv sealant in there and then put it all back together.

No dont use RTV. You want to use windshield grade urethane. RTV silicone doesnt really seal up all that great to metal when compared to urethane.

I'm a firm believer that I can urethane a car together and it will be as strong as spot welds..