Ultimate Subaru Message Board

got the 97obw from the shop with new left rear suspension components, and now the thing looks lower to the ground...could one of u guys with the same type of obw i have measure the height from the ground to the bottom of your mud flap? front and rear if possible thanks!

PS my tires look like they are wearing on the outside edge a lot, what could be causing this?

I think the best thing is to measure from the center of the axle stub to the edge of the fender. This takes out any variation in tire size or inflation.

Outside tire wear can be a couple things. Excess positive camber or excess toe. Have you jacked it up and looked at the inside edge? If it's both the inside and outside edges then it's most likely under inflated tires.

Best luck!

Keith

can only be valid when you measure the same point that doesn't get jacked around

custom exhaust, tilted rear dif, broken mudflaps, fender bashing, lift kits, concrete shoes, water wings, etc. would give you different results

front "Check the ground clearance by measuring between front end of transverse link attaching bolt and ground."

rear "Measue the ground clearance (height of crossmember pipe lowest point from the ground)

front "Check the ground clearance by measuring between front end of transverse link attaching bolt and ground."

rear "Measue the ground clearance (height of crossmember pipe lowest point from the ground)

While this is the absolute correct way to look for ground clearance, I believe his real concern is ride height. He has had suspension parts replaced and now the back end looks to be sitting closer to the ground. The above measurements will only ever change based on tire size/wear.

I stand by what I suggest as the only accurate way to measure what you think is off, and that is the ride height, not the ground clearance.