Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Racer - or - Off Road

anyone have any pictures of old subarus lowered and "street racer" looking???

in perticular a gl sedan??

i cant decide what i want to do with my GL . . . off-road look or lowered racer look

i MIGHT be interested in selling this car. im not sure if its what i really want. although i am quickly falling in love with it. but i thought id throw that out there ... maybe i can get enough for it to get what i really want ... not sure what that is ... sale would be pending on me finding a car too.

this is my car. awaiting a new look.

off-road or racer??

smallersubaru.jpg

tell me what you guys think! and post some pics if you got 'em

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice car. As for lowered subarus...I'll refer this to subaru_styles (Brad).

As for "Subie street racers" the only racing you're gunna be doing is how many football fields does it take to get going the speed limit. The newer gen subarus are fast(er) but not these. What people do, who like the EA82/EA81 body style is an engine swap. They put a new gen engine into the older gen body style.

As for your car...very nice. That thing is pristine.

thats not true i kicked a modded honda's rump roast on the way home from work tonight in my xt-6 although it is true that the newer gen cars are faster you can pull maybe 200-250 hp out of a old motor the trick i know of is to run i high compression turbo motor it gives you no spoolup time and one heck of a punch the one i rode in smoked 2.5 rs with out trying

hey that'd be sweet to see another old gen street machine on the road...

but please oh PLEASE don't make it all show and no go...

if your gonna make your car lowered with rims, ect ect please do some engine mods so you won't get blown out of the water by a civic...

the EA engines are VERY capable... i wanted to use the ea82t in my brat but i wasn't to keen on chopping 2 inches out of my frame... you however are already blessed with one! if you get a high compress block from a carbed ea82 and put all the other parts from a turbo motor on it you'd get one kick arse motor...

i've seen the results and they are VERY cool... trust me... that pshhhhh sound of the bov after shifting will turn way more heads(without the snickers) than any racer-look mod...

subaru_styles car is an awesome looking car with the performance to back it up!:)

anyway you go though, you'll love the car!

Exhaust...open it up, but you have to mind emission laws.

Intake...some people put a cone filter at the end of the MAF sensor.

Good Tune Up... Good plugs, wires, cap, rotor.

Those will free some horsepower...

If you are wanting to use it for offroad...sell it and buy a car that isn't as nice...like a 87+turbo wagon that already has 4wd.

well, generally if you open up the exhaust, you're sacrificing mid/low range power for high range power, pretty much as you do when you replace the intake (hint: there's a reason the intake's snout is a certain length... ;) )

The easy stuff? I'd say if you were after more top end but less low end, go for the above - though me personally, I'd be more inclined towards performance chipping, giving it more fuel (i.e. higher volume injectors), and maybe (if you've got shedloads of cash), a supercharger :D

Also personally, I wouldn't sell that soob. they're real nice cars :D