Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a couple additions to the family stable...

so about a week ago both me and my mom got new cars...

I bought MorganM's old wagon from 95lwrx, who had been caring for and modifying it for the past few months:

100_0676.jpg

and my mom got an '01 legacy 4EAT sedan. it's amazing how similar driving the 2 legacies is (she was replacing her '92 FWD 4EAT leggy...can you say EJ donor!)

anyway, that brings our family count to 6....including 4 EA82 wagons, 3 of them black, and 2 of them lifted.

so now I own 2 of the 3 known lifted EA82's in MN. and of the 5 lifted subarus....w00t!

some specs on the PoopenVagon:

3" BYB lift

29" Wal-terrains (can you say fender trimming)

2 thrush glasspacks, EA81 Y-pipe

big-arse 1/4" stainless steel skidplate (95lwrx's doing...more pics to come)

custom tube bumpers with legal tow-points

imitation KC daylighters on the Thule roof rack (also 95lwrx's doing...pics of the mounts later)

so now I've got one of each lift, haven't put the LSD in yet, but I probably will....we'll see which one performs best...

Not necessarily. Bring the second car along with its own robot driver, following you around on the trails. Should really freak the jeep people out.... subaru doesn't even need driver for offroading.... http://www.darpa.mil/GRANDCHALLENGE/

now theres a Idea take 2 soobies and hook them together to make some awesome offroad machine :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow:

now theres a Idea take 2 soobies and hook them together to make some awesome offroad machine
Yeah! How about four or five of them, hooked back to back like a big caterpillar. That would be awfully hard to get stuck, because the chances of all five segments being out of traction at the same time would be pretty low. Turning it around would be a pain though. Maybe make it dual controls at both ends so you don't have to.