Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MEET: CO: May 21th at Red Rocks Park

So is anyone going to go the the Drag stip on the 10th and 11th of June to see the Subarus (SPT and ESX .... ) drag out at the NHRA Drag Sport Compact Nationals in Morrison, CO?

Clip from subarus web site.

icon_window.gifOfficial Website

Like the thrill of some good drag racing? Check out the Subaru/SPT/ESX Drag Racing Team and their 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX drag cars at Bandimere Speedway. Fresh from winning 4 events in 2005 in the NHRA Sport Compact series, team driver Julie Stepan is looking to add to her win tally in her street class WRX; look for the white and pink car with attitude! Ali Afshar returns in the pro class WRX after debuting this first of its kind, all-wheel drive Subaru drag car. Come out and cheer on the Subaru/SPT/ESX Drag Racing Team!

I wish you guys would have waited for me to get back from the desert (middle east) before you got together. I really wanted to get out there with everyone. I will be getting into CO on the 9th of June.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where u going Jeff?

Also sorry guys but I will not be able to get to this meet.I will have to see you all some other time.

i'm going to try to get the wreck to the dragon meet in NORTH carolina i should be back the 14th

Hey Pil,glad you posted a pic of Toms hatch.The thing was really nice to see.I also really liked the l.e.d. conversion for the tail lights.Those super swampers looked great up close!:headbang:

BTW- I was glad to see quite a few of you off of the board.Also nice to see Shawns Vanagon made it there!Cheers:drunk:

Thanks for the compliments, guys. (and nice shot, Bob!)

My car looks so lonely...I parked along the back like last time, then nobody joined me. I guess my little old hatch was intimidating the imprezzas. :brow:

Another really good turnout, But us old school USMB'ers need to represent! Other than the 2 XTs, I had the only "classic" soob there!

Really glad to see Shawn bring the Vanasoob out too.

Now we needs to do some wheelin.... I've got a spot in mind, do-able in a stock subie (I did anyway....) but lift/tires reccommended. Fairly close, awesome views, and some pretty hairy sections.

Who wants some challenge?

Yea sorry guys was stuck at work and couldn't get out. Will make it up to you guys soon (Well maybe not so soon, kid due in less than 3 weeks now!). I'll at least throw a Barb-Q or something for the old schoolers.

Tom I'm in if I have the day off and have the lifted sedan back together (currently in a few pieces, making a twin-shift for 2wd-lo, and fightin some electrical gremlins draining one of my batteries). Gotta say I'm curious where this place is, or is it the one you were telling me about before?

By the way your hatch looks better everytime I see it! Too bad this time it wasn't in person.

"Gotta say I'm curious where this place is, or is it the one you were telling me about before?

By the way your hatch looks better everytime I see it! Too bad this time it wasn't in person."

Thanks! She's a work in progress. MANY mods still in the works.

This is a "new" place. I've known it for years, but never really taken people there. And it's south-ish from Sedalia, so straight down Santa-Fe/85. no Highway to get there. (55mph 2 lane though)

The drive up is steep but graded, and has bueatiful views. Down, is the way you came up, OR, A really nasty road. You will lift tires way up in the air. (ie; on 2-3 wheels) :eek:

Not really too much danger of rolling, but it's possible. not really for the inexperienced off road.

There are no cliffs to plunge over though if you did roll, and well, I did do it in the hatch when she was still stock, but it was a bit spooky.

I'm free on weekends, Saturdays are good, just need a few days notice.

We should start a new thread.....

• 1 month later...

Bummer.....

Just read the thread. I was out of town during the meet. I drove my subaru to indianapolis and was working there for two months.

I wanted to go to the meet last year, but I missed that one too. I had a small job to go to.....Hurricane Katrina. --E