Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX intercooler installed with pics

Caboobaroo

Ok I added links to the first post so you can just go to them.

Anyways, its actually not mounted to the car yet but there is almost NO play whatsoever. I can move it around maybe an inch total since the piping is doing a pretty sweet job of keeping it still. I am going to be adding in a IC sprayer and possibly a boost controlled fan as well but those will come later on. I'm eventually going to make a strut tower brace that will have mounting points in it for the IC but until then, I'll ride it like this. The piping I used was:

a cut Samco Y-pipe from a WRX

a 8" piece of exhaust tubing about 2 1/8"

a Samco IC -> TB hose

a reducer I got from a fuel filler neck

a stock EA82T TB hose

Now I just need to get my butt in gear and get this thing timed:rolleyes:

That all looks pretty familiar... :lol:

I know which is funny cause I never looked at the engine bay pic of your RX until just recent. I had most of it laid out for a few months but I just needed the reducer to go from the IC to the TB. Looks rather similar if you ask me;)

I like the way it came out. Granted, she sits a little crooked but that can be fixed with messing around with the piping a bit. Granted you can't see it but my pitch stopper is in there. I think it was for an automatic but I forget what the XT had in it that I got the intake from. I had to modify it cause the clutch fork was hitting it pretty good but all is well. Now that I scored some almost new front axles, some 2 pot calipers and a few other things, I'll be tearing into the front end again to replace some stuff, get my swaybars installed and to make sure everything is tightened down before I really start gettin on it. Oh, I also gotta get the brakes bled, get it registered and get an alignment done. Wow, still a bunch of small crap to do but she runs, and run good she does!

Really nice job cab.:clap: I can't wait to see it.How much boost are you set up with right now?Looks like it will be a good runner.:)

right now, since I have yet to mod the fuel system, I'll be running stock boost. I will still be making more power though since the TD04 flows a lot more then the stock IHI RHB5 that was in there. I might have to crank up the boost a bit to make it fun though:headbang: