Ultimate Subaru Message Board

turbocharger

Uhm... thats JUST a turbo. No "pipes". You will need a new exhaust. You'll need the EA82T Up Pipe and then a Down Pipe. You'll also need the passenger side head with the oil lines for the turbo, and you'll need the coolant lines as well. You can get away with using your stock pistons, but you wont be running much boost.

Oh, and the engine crossmember from a EA82T will also need to be used. Dont forget about your air intake, and the piping required from the turbo to the intake manifold. Oh... and if your going to do all this with the stock pistons, i'd highly recommend installing an intercooler as well.

-Brian

there are a couple of bright sides if it is carbed, one being that a carburated car runs richer which actually means less chance of detonation (cars like the evo start running richer as you get close to the redline for just that reason). something else is that like any block you can tap it for oil feed lines however i'm not quite sure where the oil return line would go:confused: sorry bout that one. custom turbo's are easier then people think but a lot of problems can arise do to uncertain things like the condition of you existing ignition and especially the clutch.

with another one of my cars i ran into so many problems that i had to update almost everything on the car and ran out of money so keep that in mind