Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bigger engine and rims. More ground clearance. Most are/were 5-speeds with sunroofs and fog lights. Basically a lighter, less expensive Outback without the, in my opinion, ugly two-tone body panals, fake, hood scoop and lame "Indiana Jones" OUTBACK logo.

Oddly enough, it has more room between the tires and the rocker panals for chains than the same-year Outback.

Juan

GT is a great car....

very capable too...

legacyrally.jpg

subaruyellow.jpg

watch the 98's though as that year + early 99 were prone to Head Gasket failure.

they are good running, easy driving, good handling cars

but the head gaskets were a bit sad

and if they've not been changed, you are kind of running a gamble with a 98

the HG's may go... and they may never go... ;)

hard to say.

loved my GT and aside from the head gasket issue,

it never gave a lick of problems

(short block, head gaskets replaced at 56k miles)

subarulegacy.jpg

Jamie subiegal-smilie.png

Bigger engine and rims. More ground clearance. Most are/were 5-speeds with sunroofs and fog lights. Basically a lighter, less expensive Outback without the, in my opinion, ugly two-tone body panals, fake, hood scoop and lame "Indiana Jones" OUTBACK logo.

Oddly enough, it has more room between the tires and the rocker panals for chains than the same-year Outback.

Juan

I think you're thinking of the Legacy Outback Sedan. The 2.5 GT is going to have premium 16" wheels wrapped in a 205/55 .. hood scoop .. moon roof.. probably leather w/ a 6 cd changer... u know.. all the bells and whistles.. used to have one .. loved it .. very safe car.