Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82t in a EA81 car, what needs to be done?

Phizinza

Ok,

How much of the wiring needs to be moved over? As in, is it just a bunch of wires from the engine to the ECU, or is it all intergrated in the wiring loom, and does that mean I have to take the whole loom out of the 82t and into the 81?

Just say I have a complete EA82T donor XT. I should have everything I need right? So by my research I should have to do something along the lines of:

Take the engine and crossmember and put in in the EA81. I will also use the exhuast out of the EA82T. Put the ECU in and the wiring. Anything else?

Thanks.

Fuel pump, that's the only thing the car doesn't have. So, can I use any "XXXHP" fuel pump. Or do I have to use a EA82t original one?

i used an efi pump from a ford f250 as it had the 8mm sized intake which makes things a hellava lot easier. screwed it up under the tray in a coil bracket and ran a wire through the chassis rail up to the front where i used a relay to switch it. the only prob doing it this way is that the brumby return line is tiny, not really big enough for an efi car. you can run a new one in fuel hose, just make sure its well protected and secure.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok,

How much of the wiring needs to be moved over? As in, is it just a bunch of wires from the engine to the ECU, or is it all intergrated in the wiring loom, and does that mean I have to take the whole loom out of the 82t and into the 81?

Just say I have a complete EA82T donor XT. I should have everything I need right? So by my research I should have to do something along the lines of:

Take the engine and crossmember and put in in the EA81. I will also use the exhuast out of the EA82T. Put the ECU in and the wiring. Anything else?

Thanks.

I saw your post on msefi.com I would just build a MS harness and not worry about any of the stock turbo wiring.

I saw your post on msefi.com I would just build a MS harness and not worry about any of the stock turbo wiring.

Yeah, it turns out I am not going to be getting a EA82T. So I have other ideas.

I agree, I don't see why more people are just dumping the old harness and using MS. It seems it would be easier and more adjustible. I guess theres a lot of tuning to do though.

But as I said, on to my other idea. I will post more about it as I get it in motion.