Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how much slap is to much slap. noisy baja

Well I posted before about my moms 03 Baja, it has 38,576 miles and on a cold start it is noisy, knock,knock, but that is normal on a cold start.

I told her its what they sound like, but today when she picked me up it was a normal opeating temp and you can still hear the knocking, you tend to hear it a little as you go through out the lower rpms untill you shift and when you give the car a little gas lets say to move foward at a light you hear it tick away. I told her to have it checked out and take it to the dealer she got it from. What basicly has to be done to fix it, I heard piston slap before but this doesent go away when warm and the weather is about 65 out so far. What do you sugest she should do. I just don't want them to tell her everythings fine when its not.

buy something made in japan :lol:

adjust valves

change oil

move to old gen :rolleyes:, that's what we do

I don't undersatnd, I might be takeing this the wrong way but why must you be sarcastic about it.:confused:

I thought about the oil but if something is seriously wrong here that wont solve the problem.

Adjust valves, I don't think so, back to the dealer then. I guess that sorta just answerd my question then, I just hope there some warenty left though, I dont stay with my mom enough to go to the dealer and talk, I just hope they don't try and screw around.

Oh and I hav an old gen soob by the way, 87 Gl-10

If it is not going away after the engine warms up, take it back to the dealer before the warrenty runs out and have them fix it. The fix is replacing the two driver's side pistons. You need to stand your ground or they will tell you its normal.

nipper