Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Favorite Subaru Feature.....

I am in and out of a fleet of about 150 '05-'06 vehicles, and almost none of them turn the lights off with the key... obv my favorite feature is the lights off with the key.

Its an homage to Subaru that I'd rather jump in my 292k mile legacy at the end of the day, as opposed to some new peice of garbage.

- Dual Range Tranny

- Hill Holder (yes I love this thing!)

- Small - medium car with 4WD capability - easy to navigate in traffic

- The fact that so many bolt-on options are available for an older car - Rear Discs, LSD, Full Time 4WD, etc, etc

Yes! I Agree with all of that, exactly what I Think!... Also: I just came back from a Round Trip from Roatán (Honduran Bay Island at the Caribean Sea) to Montelimar (Nicaraguan beaches at the Pacific Sea) with Five People (Countin´ me, of Course) and a Huge Load... and hearin´ my Weberized EA82 Roarin´ at 120KPH cruisin´ is somethin´ I Love... Definitively: I LOVE my Subaru, All of it. but the things Fangster Mentioned above, are the more highlighted... :) ...Specially the Hill Holder.

One of the most unique cars Subaru made...........the XT. Specifically the XT6.

The first 6 cylinder engine, with some many choices for a drivetrain/suspension.

The first 5 lug hubs:banana:

Headlight washers! (US market)

And one item alot of XT owners dont even know they have, speed sensing wipers:headbang:

my favorite feature is that fact that I've beat the CRAP out of my wagon in the last 7 years. 110,000 miles of WOT hammerin it in and out of bumps, clearing 27 foot distance off a 5 foot gravel pile. Still on my original engine and original headgaskets.

heh, and I wont get started about the RX

EVERYTHING - or to break it down

Drivetrain -

H-4 engine - easy to work on, and inherently balanced - light, powerful, torquy, fuel efficent - handles WOT with absolutely no problem, even for extended periods - it never complains

One of the best drivetrains any auto manufacturer has come up with - rugged, reliable, simple, light, and low center of gravity

Body -

Headlights off with key - gotta love it - frameless windows - 4-wheel independent suspension - no spring compressors needed to get the struts off - parts are cheap too (same for drivetrain) - balance and handling of body - can hold 80mph easily (EA82 5-speed) and be as smooth as a billiard table, its very predictable - something VERY important in a car

it can do everything - it can go places many SUV's cant (4WD), and it has fuel mileage comporable to an economy car of the same vintage - all while providing a reasonable amount of comfort - why would I want something else?