Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP - How are the drums removed? Are they just held on by the wheels? I see two very small screw holes near the center, is there something there that need to come out? Don't want to bang away with my little sledge if they need something removed. THANKS!!

You hit upon the way to remove stubborn rear drums in your thread starter. If you can't coak the drums off by striking the drum around its outside with a hammer, those two small threaded holes you noticed in the drum face are the next step. By simply winding in an appropriately sized bolt into each hole, and racheting them in, they will bottom out against the axle hub and pull the drum off the hub itself. Neat huh?

• 3 months later...
hahah i have! anyways i didnt know foresters came with drums? 2001? wow i thought they all had 4 wheel disks.

hmmmm :rolleyes:

So did I. Pretty damn pissed at myself for not realizing this when I bought the beast. A rotten job, drums, haven't done them since my 52 Pontiac.

• 1 year later...