Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got torque bind fixed at shop now i cant shift when i floor it from first!!

Ok today my car was ready. I go to try it out. SO first thing we do. Floor it and make tight turn no bind good! Then we floor it.. 6000rpms 6500rpms and im still in 1st GEAR!!! so the guy tells me its a governor but before i brought it it never did this. So i turn off the car turn it on and guess what the POWER LIGHT FLASHES!! ABS LIGHT WAS ON!! AND MY SPEEDO ISN"T SYNCED!! tell me did i get screwed. The guy told me he has to reprogram something. Is it possible something isnt connected. Or the guy swapped the tranny. ANY ADVICE. The guy charged $1500 with clutch packs and drive solenoid c, bearing(all four) and rear differential leak fixed. But it does shift when u dont floor it no problem. SO if i only go to 6400rpms it will shift fine. Well there working on it tommrow ill run a TCU test . Replys are much apppreciated!

Ok today my car was ready. I go to try it out. SO first thing we do. Floor it and make tight turn no bind good! Then we floor it.. 6000rpms 6500rpms and im still in 1st GEAR!!! so the guy tells me its a governor but before i brought it it never did this. So i turn off the car turn it on and guess what the POWER LIGHT FLASHES!! ABS LIGHT WAS ON!! AND MY SPEEDO ISN"T SYNCED!! tell me did i get screwed. The guy told me he has to reprogram something. Is it possible something isnt connected. Or the guy swapped the tranny. ANY ADVICE. The guy charged $1500 with clutch packs and drive solenoid c, bearing(all four) and rear differential leak fixed. But it does shift when u dont floor it no problem. SO if i only go to 6400rpms it will shift fine. Well there working on it tommrow ill run a TCU test . Replys are much apppreciated!

At this point I don't think there is anything wrong with letting the guy take another look at it. Maybe someoen here will understand exactly what's going on with the car , I am ignorant of that issue- but in the real world, people make mistakes, its how they own up to and rectify them that shows quality. If he offers a reason it happened, realize that is not the same as an excuse. Only you can decide if he is 'excused'. But there may be an easily explained reason and perhpas it is due to a simple oversight like underfilling the tranny with fluid or some kind of reset/reprogram as suggested.

let us know how it works out.

Carl

well there was definitly a little bit of grinding so most likely its low on oil. And i have been driving with torque bind for little over 20000km. My dad thinks they may have forgotten to connect a switch behind the pedal so when u floor it, it holds the gear.

HOLD IT!

lets re-address this. When you drive normally the car shifts fine, that rules out the govenor. When the car is floored it revs up to 6500rpm, does it up shift, or did you get to that high an rpm and back off ?

The spedometer is a kinked/ bad cable, or a bad VSS sensor. the ABS i dont know, unless the abs takes an input from the spedo head (i doubt it but who knows). I'm not sure how the power light functions, so i cant help there.

nipper