Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Greddy Turbo Timer

Have any of you guys installed one of the universal turbo timers? I just bought one to install on my 86 XT and it says to find the speed wire from the computer. Not sure what this is, any idea's?

The instruction manual is in Japanese but I found a English pdf install manual. Still doesnt show a speed wire

Is that one of those wires that when you plug it in your car magicly has more speed... RICER...

Sorry, I can't help you, as my manual doesn't cover EFi subies :(

Although, my brothers turbo timer on his Mazda is just wired into the ignition I think. It has a pass thru setup on the "ignition on" wire and a it must have a wire on one of the other wires to detect when the key is turned off.

I really need a turbo car so I can learn what all that turbo talk is...

You don't need a turbo timer, it's like a band-aid for not having a heat exchanger to cool the water off on it's way to the turbo bearing housing. If you had a good heat exchanger inline (JY trans cooler from Ford van or something), your turbo will already be cool by the time you find a parking spot and shut the engine down. This will also increase the life of your turbo while you are driving, a timer can't do that...