Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX Scoop/Spoiler on basic Impreza

Hey everyone, first post. I have always loved the WRX, but insurance and the premium gas has kept me from being able to get one at age 17. The basic impreza model is in my price range, and sadly i would still like too put WRX spoiler and scoop on it. I was wondering if they would fit on the basic impreza body, and how much would it cost to get them painted? thanks for anyhelp.

What would be so bad about having the scoop? there not all that expensive and i think they increase the look of the car greatly. The spoiler I could agree with u on, I might go for less. Judging by your comments i would assume these would work with a basic impreza?

What would be so bad about having the scoop? there not all that expensive and i think they increase the look of the car greatly. The spoiler I could agree with u on, I might go for less. Judging by your comments i would assume these would work with a basic impreza?

well see, the hood scope is made to get extra air into the engine bay. For a intercooler and all, and since u dont have a turbo, no intercooler. so it would be pointless to put on a scoop. dont make ur car look fast, make it go fast. -Clay

um.... yeah...

ignore these guys

and do what you want to do with YOUR car

WRX wing will bolt right on... (to a 2002 - 2006 Impreza)

WRX hood will swap right in, add scoop and you are done! :banana:

it's your car, it's your car payment

DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO..... :D

IMHO.... a wingless impreza = silly looking ANYWAY :-p

Jamie subiegal-smilie.png

Often, you can find STI owners (maybe WRX too) that want to do full trunk swaps - make sure you get the springs and lock swapped too.

AND you might even find someone getting a carbon fiber hood that wants to sell the stock one!

try listing your Want To Trade (WTT) or WTBs here and over at http://www.nasioc.com .

(personally, I feel you'd be better off getting lighter rims (less rotating mass and less unsprung weight) and a lighter flywheel if you have a MT. Then maybe some stiffer - SLIGHTLY lower springs.

Carl

i kno theres a guy selling a sedan spoiler over on nasioc.....but if ur really set on the big wrx looks......think about rs looks instead...not as flashy as wrx...but not as plain as the stock impreza....im probably going to go that route this summer...considering i find parts i need

p.s changing the rims on ur car will be a big bonus...my car looks way more bad a** with my wrx rims on it...

I went through a similar phase of putting a huge gt wing on a hyundai. i got millions of laughs and no respect, i took it off after a few weeks. i now have a scoop on my l series which gives it a bit of goof.

its a very personal opinion to how you dress up your car, but my ideal look is a fat bottom (wide body maybe) bodykit, lowered big mags - and a clean top - no spoilers at all and no scoop.

if you get a scoop, especially one of the JDM ones (found on OBS's etc..) they have a backing plate on them anyhow.. and are completely astetic... something that this backing plate does is creates a pressure bubble inside of it, and can screw with your aerodynamics a bit. I took the plate out of mine, and haven't really noticed a difference... but i'm guessing there's a little less pressure bouble.... but something you may want to consider is that this bouble could increase your fuel efficiency, directing the flow over the top of the scoop instead of slaming into it, and turning turbulent :rolleyes:

or something like that.

Is your impreza the small 2dr one? usually comes in that wierd blue/green color? some buddies at school have thost.. re-painted, nice rims, JDM scoops & smaller wings, they look HOT. THe red one has a roll cage built in it (set up for some hard core rallying), and i believe one of them has a EJ22T in it, and the other has a Full WRX swap in it. :brow: