Ultimate Subaru Message Board

broken springs on the seat

It'll probably be way cheaper (and quicker) if you went to a wrecking yard and just got a whole new seat. I believe all EA81s were interchangeable. Driver/driver, passenger/passenger.

I bet if you look hard enough, you might just end up with a nicer seat than was originally there.

My 2 bucks

It'll probably be way cheaper (and quicker) if you went to a wrecking yard and just got a whole new seat. I believe all EA81s were interchangeable. Driver/driver, passenger/passenger.

I bet if you look hard enough, you might just end up with a nicer seat than was originally there.

My 2 bucks

Mostly interchangeable. Driver's seats on GL's had a lumbar adjustment, the passenger side doesn't.

But agreed, go to your local junkyard or PaP and get some newer seats.

I've found that an EA82 seat was not as comfortable as the stock cloth EA81 seat when I installed it in my EA81. I just hunted around a little more, and found a good EA81 seat from an '84. Works great, fit right in with no modification, voila.

As for my previous post, thanks Ever Victorious for clarifying the interchangeability..Driver fits driver, Passenger is slightly different, needs some modding to work as a driver side seat:) . Details upon request:D .