Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ebay coilovers?

they will go silly low.

they are usually silly stiff(mine were labeld 450 and 500lbs).

you can find them by searching for "impreza coilovers".

I would only run them on an autocross beater, not really street material where the roads are bad. also, they will eat your shocks for breakfast. they killed one brand new AGX within 1000 miles.

the handling was incredible. no need for swaybars.

Mine ride a bit rough, but it isn't terrible. With the wrx wheels and tires, I can only go so low before tire rubbing becomes an issue. So not too low. Having the 20mm swaybars does help quite a bit, as springs in and of themselves can't negate body roll.

If the car is strictly for pavement, and you're willing o trade ride for some handling and better looks, it is definitely worth it.

thats quite a bit more than I payed, but they seem to be the same general item.

you might look at some of the ones for hondas, they are quite a bit cheaper, like 8.99 plus 20 for shipping or something. I bet they are the same exact product with maybe a different top spring perch.

Sweeeeeet thanx for the replies! Ride is no problem... I just want a drop and awesome handling.

How much do they usually go for?

Any problems with them recently?

I paid around $50 for mine after shipping and such. They haven't given me any problems. However, I rarely drive mine (not at all at the moment.. engine - BOOM!).

I know Russ had some problems with his.. broken spring perch or something. But IIRC, it was an offroad/logging road type of incident. Mine never leaves the pavement anymore.

Dude when your messing with your suspension.. You dont want to go cheap. At least spend like 300$.. I bet the stock suspension is better then and 80$ set oF coilovers.. especially if you plan on like racing and taking a bunch of corners

cheap does not always equal bad, from what I have seen $300 coilovers arent any better quality than $30 ones, you just pay for a label.

next time I do coilovers, I am getting used circle track springs in whatever rate I want for $20 a pop. I'm thinking I will probably go with 250 #'s at all corners.