Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear disc brakes, can I use front rotors?

Could a front caliper be used on the back with the rear rotor? Are the caliper attaching bolts the same distance apart?

What bolt pattern is it that holds the rotors to the hubs? on the front it is 100x4. Is it different for the rear?

Not even the hub that bolts to the rotors.

-Brian

Yeah, I figured that out when comparing rear shafts to front shafts... :-/

I was just thinking it would be nice to get the hubs from the US, and then use front vented rotors and calipers. It would save a lot on shipping.

Rear disc brakes are so over priced here. :(

So what bolt pattern is the rotor to hub? Maybe I could still fab something up if I just got the hubs... hmm..

l got mine from N.Z. the price was very reasonable and they were in very good condition, postage however was quite expensive as the complete set-up is quite heavy so try to factor this in before commiting yourself.

They do however make a difference and are well worth the effort.

postage however was quite expensive as the complete set-up is quite heavy so try to factor this in before commiting yourself.
This is basically what this thread is about. I just thought maybe I wouldn't have to ship all the parts, but it sounds like I would...

I'll send a few msg around to NZ. They have much 'better' import laws (less customs tax i think.)

Cheers

How about a group buy, that mite save a bit on postage.

I want a set and was kinda hoping that when Bratgeebah starts selling his liberty brake kits, there will be a flood on the market of people selling their rear disks.

PS. Dont tell anybody about my idea:cool:

Have you checked out Kiwi Subaru's add for two sets he has for sale on the Ausubaru site. He is offering a set for $350 - 365 delivered to Aus, this is about as cheap as you will get a set and at least worth checking out as the freight is covered.

we got a few RX's. But here in australia we keep cars on the road a lot longer it seems. T e local junkyards near me only have a couple of EFI cars, most of the cars are older then 86...

I can get a rear disc setup for $450-500 AUD locally. Or I could get a set shipped from the US for about $200USD ($270AUD.) And if they are $350 from NZ, I'd prefer to wait 12weeks for a set from the US.

Like I said before, this post is about saving on postage, but it doesn't seem fesable.

I don't think they are worth $500. but under $300 and i'm interested.