Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Prices for balance and alignment

i have heard good things about this place in the northern va area only called craven tire and auto. they got about 7 stores in the area and use the gsp9700 alignment machine which is suppose to be one of the greatest out there. ( http://www.gsp9700.com ) they also use nitrogen in tires instead of oxygen.

to the point, i just purchased the bridgestone re960as pole position from tirerack and was pretty sure about getting everything done with them and called for some prices. its 30 a tire to mount and balance, and 80 to align the car.

sound worth it?

Firestone did my alignment for

$60. when I got 4 potenza`s from them.

quickest money I ever spent as they were done in 10 minutes:brow: .

if you aplly for their credit card you get 10% off the bill.

these tire places are all the same when you itemize,that is..balance tires maybe cheaper,but they make it up on the mounting,tire disposal,stems,etc.

decline the puncture protection extras,and lifetime alignment deals,even the free rotations,as that is just to get you back in there to drop more coin.

Alignment sounds about right. Tire mounting and balancing are a bit high...but you live in NOVA. NOVA has a really high cost of living, so it may be a good price in your area. BTW: I hope no tire shop out there uses pure oxygen in tires.

Hey I live in NOVA too. I usually don't like Merchants but they have deal where you pay about $150 for 3 years of alignments. All the Alignments you want at any of their locations. So you do stupid stuff with your car, or drive somewhere like NJ where they don't believe in paving roads you just get it aligned again. Basically pays for it self if you use it twice. That being said I don't like the work those guys do or their sales tactics so I would turn down anything else they offer you.

well i just got back from the whole thing...

199.96 with tax for mounting of all tires, inflation with nitrogen, and alignment. i was show that the front right was pretty hard to get into spec with the alignment numbers (apparently outer tie rod is frozen and they said that next time i get an alignment i will def have to get it replaced).

i feel that this is money pretty well spent. they price matched tireracks listing of mounting of each tire to $25 instead of their $30. saved 20 dollars woot!