Ultimate Subaru Message Board

who here owns a high milage 93-95 imp? i am looking at a 93 awd 5speed wagon for $300, but it has 330,000 miles:eek: i`m thinking the life expectancy is about up lol. i haven`t been able to get in touch with the people yet, but the interior is nice (all power w/ air cond) tires and exhaust are new. haven`t even seen the motor yet. do you guys think its worth it. i`m almost thinking of buying it just as an expirament to see how many miles can be squeezed out of an imp.

please tell your high milage stories:D

my 96 impreza 2.2 awd 5-speed has 198,000 miles....and i still drive it like cars should be driven......for 300 bucks, i would definately buy it just as an experience.....that and for someone who doesnt have a car at all...and cant really afford one that is the perfect candidate.....if it was near me...i would buy it in a second and just take it offroad

man if i lived a little closer to u....i'd probably buy it myself

but gas is too high to start driving for a 300 dollar car haha

....unless....i could turn it into a trip haha, go see the statue of liberty of something

i think that might have some pretty bad rust underneath by the sounds of it. this imp had some rust along the rear wheel wells, but underneath was solid.

i like Paul's t-wagon too though:D i just can`t cough up 1100 right now. i have to sell this honda i have sitting here.

My Daughter just purchased a 93 1.8 Impreza with 220,000+ miles.

I tell you what, that thing screams! :headbang: It is a much nicer car than my

93 Loyal with 160,000 miles....(however I am still partial to my beloved ea82).

For $300 you couldn't go wrong (esp. with a newer motor installed :brow: ).

Cheers,

Chris

I should buy that Impreza myself. That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, an Impreza wagon, 5spd AWD. Then my EJ18 project will be code-named "High-Mileage" :banana:

I've got an EJ18 sitting in my garage with 230k on it. Report from the prev. owner told me it ran fine, it was just leaking oil everywhere. I'm gonna use the block for an interesting build...