Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LIttle silver box under front pass seat under carpet?

me too??

my '95 leg has one but my donor '96 leg does not. what ever it is they moved or changed it. could it be abs?? i know they changed that system along that time.

Just wondering what i was, because i see the carpet was cut open, and i see a little silver box. What is it? Thanks.

the carpet in both the 95 and 96 leg had the carpet moulded for a box, on both sides, driver and passenger. but the 95 has the unit on pass side the 96 has neither. my guess is they made the carpet for left and right hand drive, and never changed it when they moved the unit.

thus saving money on redesign and retooling. go subaru. plus they got to use up all those carpets they have lying around.

still no word on what it is. my seats are back in , i'm not going to pull it just to look for a part number.

My 00 has an area cut into the carpet under the drivers seat that looks like a small box should go there, but its just molded there. Airbags? I dont know what would go there but mine didnt come with any options.

the carpet in both the 95 and 96 leg had the carpet moulded for a box, on both sides, driver and passenger. but the 95 has the unit on pass side the 96 has neither. my guess is they made the carpet for left and right hand drive, and never changed it when they moved the unit.

thus saving money on redesign and retooling. go subaru. plus they got to use up all those carpets they have lying around.

still no word on what it is. my seats are back in , i'm not going to pull it just to look for a part number.

almost. i dont know if the subwoofer was available for those years, just an idea, but it does go under the seat.

nipper

NSA monitoring box.

:lol: I love it! I pulled my sub woofer amp from a JY Legacy, it was under the passengers seat sort of half under the carpet. Any chance thats it?

Edit: Should add mine was a metallic red box and was under the left side seat - due to it being RHD here.