Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Miles Fox crashed my GL

Indeed, you all know him, the infamous milesfox. Here's a quick rundown, through a series of events, I aquired the replica of the renowned Trashwagon5. I've had it for a good two weeks now, no problems.

I come back to Milwaukee, (I live in Madison WI btw) and hey, he wants to drive the car he pretty much built. How could I say no?

So were driving along, still no problems. Then, boom, some rain comes out of nowhere. We're turning into a junkyard, a little to fast might I add. Fox locks the wheels and we understeer right into a red chevy monte carlo...

Yeps. The damn fool trashed the trashwagon.

0823061542kv5.jpg

0823061549zy0.jpg

0823061600vq9.jpg

It's cool, hopefully this tiff can be resolved quickly and painlessly, if not blow over all together. As for Fox, meh.

How can I be pissed at Fox?

man that sucks!

but hey, its a TW, just hook up to a tree, do some reverse tugs in low range till its about right, then slap a fender on there and some lights, and a rad, and you'll be trashin again in no time! :headbang:

looks like you got the best of that shot, the monte is barely hit.

well, don`t forget there was rain on the ground. people sometimes don`t respect the rain, and it can come back to bite you in the arse.

Tell me about the rain. it was a wall of downpour we drove through like a stargate portal just a mere 100 yds befor the junkyard entrance. you know that the first instance if rain is the slickest on a road, especially a junkyard entrance with whaqtever slick of oils and coolants abath. needless to say an understeer and a brake lockup revealed a 2-door lumina as i rounded past the truck ahead of me.

jackass award of the day goes to me.

anyway there was a coolant leak, but it was the water pipe popped out the pump so a quick fix with the 12mm did the trick.

we drove down to the pigz' to file an accident report. just a form in the mail. the police were more concerned about us standing in the street and a video camera rolling than the fact that no one officially had insurance, or the TW has no plates(but freshly registered this morning.)

but anyway my luck seems to turn bad driving other peoples cars, like the tiume in the lincoln and what was found under the seat blah blah, dont rid dirty etc.......anyway.

bad luck turns to good luck at least it has been with me.

anyway you all know me:clap:

damn...last accident was with my 86 gl.wagon.women pulled out from behind someone waiting to turn left and BAM i almost took off the front end of a volvo.i did spin her about 180 degrees.my speed was about 40-45(she was pretty much standing still) but cause it had just started to snow and ground was wet,i didn't leave skid marks(just slided into and past) so the cops couldn't figure how fast i was really going.

(rad was hanging an everything,when i stopped 20-30 away i had her parts falling down on my gl)

:grin:

man,i wish i could of seen that from a third person view.

anyway,the damage to the gl was hardly that bad...nose did get shifted a bit and rad got pushed into timing belt covers but no leaks..and something tore a nice hole in the front driversside corner of the hood(i think that's where her rad support got me,had to of been that)

..didn't mean to seem to hi-jack..glad neither of you got hurt..

(i'll have to scan the polaroids and post the carnage)

well, don`t forget there was rain on the ground. people sometimes don`t respect the rain, and it can come back to bite you in the arse.

Amen to that!!

Beyond that it is good that no one was injured, and its also great that theres no bad blood. man, thats gotta be one awful situation, on either side.. and at least the car wasnt hurt too bad.. Plus, you were already there to get the parts you would need!!

I love the fact that two soobers meet when one gets into town, and go to the junkyard together.. "Hey, while I'm here, wanna walk the boneyard?" "Sure, can I drive?" "Yah, that'd be perfect!" "thanks, man!!"...

like i said, crummy situation. good story to tell a year or two from now :- )

the police were more concerned about us standing in the street and a video camera rolling than the fact that no one officially had insurance, or the TW has no plates(but freshly registered this morning.)

Which brings back the question "Who's paying for the damage to the lumina?"